Dr. Bekir Bek 3600 FUE grafts

Preface: I have no relationship with Dr. Bek, nor do I have any incentives, nor have I been asked to write a review. I am creating this post to share my experience and shed (no pun intended) some information.

I arrived in Ankara on Thursday, May 2nd, and my surgeries took place throughout 2 days - Friday and Saturday. Sunday was the bandage removal day. As of this writing, yesterday was my day 2. I got the bandages off Today, several hours ago.

TLDR: Dr. Bek is very very very good and truly enjoys what he is doing.

I have had 3 major surgeries in the US - total colectomy, with j-pouch creation in NYU Langone, so I have experience with US doctors and facilities. Dr. Bek is no different and I felt at ease with his facility and his two nurses. He is a craftsmen and you can tell how much he cares. He is always calm, answers all of your questions, and provides a very thorough experience with no questions unanswered. You can always reach him via text or a call, even Internationally. Which was a big factor for me to choose him over others. And of course, cost. But I do expect his prices to go up and wait times increased.

Day 1:

Go over the procedure and provide an overview, answer any questions.

Take photos of Before.

Shave head and take photos. And create a plan.

Go to the operating room, have an IV-line inserted, and a mild relaxant given.

You lie down on your head and he starts with injecting you with anesthetics in your head. Most of them did not hurt, and you get used to it fairly quickly. Some feel like a pinch. Tolerable. The most painful thing was lying down with pressure on your forehead. It gives you a headache, so the needles were a lot of more tolerable than the pressure of lying down, to give you an idea. Both days were like this, two sets of collecting and implanting.

Collect hair -> Transplant hair -> lunch -> Collect hair -> Transplant hair

Second day was A LOT easier as you lie down on your side, and not on your head.

I developed some nausea and he gave me an oral anti nausea pill which worked quickly.

Overall - it was a semi-easy experience, minus that forehead pressure on Day 1.

Pics are below. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I have been on 1mg Finasteride/day for 1 year and 2 months, and he mentioned that due to this - my donor hair was very strong. He could tell it was the effects of Finasteride. I do plan on coming off of topical Minoxidil as it makes me very very tired and depressed.

For the crown - we will do it next year.

For bandaging - he bandages your whole head, like you came from a head surgery. Not your typical band, which hides the operation somewhat.

7f7fe89c-bb74-4e0f-aba7-3a7d3cd2d55d.JPG

555c4a3e-1940-441b-ba00-f95fa439a3e6.JPG

a90fa73f-d28a-46f9-9d76-0b19dda06cac.JPG

301aa3ac-06f3-4587-a7ab-563f0_censored.png

5a41f44c-ac8f-4075-8dfd-385522cbbafb.JPG

090afbe5-95b0-4249-93b6-be17e9469c2c.JPG

8e35c3c7-c05c-4265-a8ca-dd99a0904cca.JPG

59ba2f46-a3cc-44cf-b445-ecda7349c79d.JPG

97716e44-7094-4eae-86d4-4d5f835f7130.JPG

9222078b-166d-4373-9987-dc475eade31c.JPG

030f8439-b62e-466f-8018-e1390286263d.JPG

• Like 1

Wishing you a happy healing process!

I had a similar experience last month with the same doctor same place :). I'll be following your journey.

The worst part was definitely lying face down and bit of the back pain that can accompany it especially for somewhat older people :)

• Like 1

This doctor will also become famous, it is clear that he also trained like Pekiner, in the HLC clinic, you can see it from the type of hairline he draws and also from the striped division he makes with the marker, typical of HLC until now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2024 at 12:16 PM, ITA said:

This doctor will also become famous, it is clear that he also trained like Pekiner, in the HLC clinic, you can see it from the type of hairline he draws and also from the striped division he makes with the marker, typical of HLC until now.

I have browsed the forums for a year now and I am convinced as well. He seems to be truly passionate about his work and is very knowledgeable, not just in the area of hair, but general medicine as well. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

It looks good and clean with those scabs gone. Good luck with the growth.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.