Donor area 2 weeks after

The truth is no one knows. It could just be shockloss, in which case it can take up to 6 months to recover, so I would not worry yet. Atleast it looks like they have extracted from all the back and up over the ears which is good. Which clinic did you go to? Do you have any immediate post-op pictures from the donor area? 

3 hours ago, donpizmeov said:

The truth is no one knows. It could just be shockloss, in which case it can take up to 6 months to recover, so I would not worry yet. Atleast it looks like they have extracted from all the back and up over the ears which is good. Which clinic did you go to? Do you have any immediate post-op pictures from the donor area? 

IMG_3186.jpeg

Hi mate, not pre-op but post-op to see the extraction pattern and how closely the extracted the grafts to judge for the shock loss, but either way, it will not be possible to give conclusive answers. For now i would either way just have patience, it is very normal with some shockloss - 4600 grafts is a fair bit in one go!

It could be shockloss—which could take months to recover, OR it could be over-harvesting. We can better analyze if you have any post-HT photos that were taken immediately after the surgery showing the extraction wounds. 

12.5k grafts with Dr. Felipe Pitella in Jan 2024.

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/

• Moderators

4600 grafts is a lot to take out. It doesn't look like you had a great donor area to begin with, but at least they used a large extraction area, so even if it ends up a bit thin once it all heals and the shock loss grows back in, you shouldn't have an obvious thin patch anywhere. You just have to wait several months to see how well it fills in.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.