Rogaine??

Does Rogaine help regrow hair or just maintain. I know that its indications are for regrowing, but really... does it significantly??

I ve notice help with my eyebrows. (Don't worry i was careful and used a q-tip.) Unibrows aren't very sexy on women my age.

Does Rogaine help regrow hair or just maintain. I know that its indications are for regrowing, but really... does it significantly??

I ve notice help with my eyebrows. (Don't worry i was careful and used a q-tip.) Unibrows aren't very sexy on women my age.

I've heard that for the majority of users, it helps to maintain hair or prevent further loss, but only a minority see adequate regrowth. It's also unlikely to regrow hair that has already significantly miniaturized. I'm not sure whether the drug works exactly the same for female hair loss which isn't affected by DHT.

One other thing to bear in mind is that shedding hair tends to become reliant on minoxidil and if you stop using it, that hair will fall out. So it becomes somewhat of a commitment.

Does Rogaine help regrow hair or just maintain.

Increases hair diameter. Studies end at 24 months.

Diffusion/migration of minoxidil into the lower strata of the skin (epidermis, dermis, subcutis) takes place in both genders can result in hypertrichosis in other parts of the body (other than the intended scalp) and can be particularly unpleasant in women.

take care...

Minox will only resuscitate your hair for so long by increasing the blood supply to the area applied due to the alcohol in it - It does not prevent the cause of hair loss DHT

With all respect Spex, minoxidil solutions efficacy is not related to it's alcohol content (the alcohol being just a vehicle).

This is just a myth and has been proven wrong countless times.

The mechanism by which minoxidil PROMOTE HAIR GROWTH is not completely understood yet, but while it does not stop hairloss on its own (because it has no hormonal modulation properties) it DOES promote hair growth (nothing to do with its alcohol content).

The efficacy of minoxidil has been verified scientifically soooo many times, and is one of the only 2 treatments approved worldwide by health organizations for hairloss, having been through countless scientific studies.

Minoxidil undeniable efficacy as to promote hair growth is an old scientific fact. It just works.

Obviously, in the specific case of male pattern baldness, just promoting hair growth would be a weak solutions for the long term. But coupled with the use of Finasteride, it is the best and only proven "combo" to help stop or slow its consequences.

icon_smile.gif

SOME MINOXIDIL FACTS:

-The idea of using Minoxidil topically to grow hair was discovered by chance. Minoxidil was originally developed to treat hypertension, but patients taking Minoxidil started growing unwanted hair. This side effect led to the testing of topical Minoxidil to grow hair on balding men and women.

-Why Minoxidil works remains a mystery. Minoxidil is a vasodilator and may increase the blood supply to the follicles, although recent studies by L'Oreal suggest that Minoxidil works by activating PGHS 1 (Prostaglandin Endoperoxide Synthase-1) which helps promote hair growth.

-Since it is applied locally, Minoxidil is relatively safe as negligible amounts are absorbed in the bloodstream.

-In the late eighties, a pharmaceutical company in the United States, Upjohn, today known as Pharmacia & Upjohn developed Minoxidil hair loss lotion (Rogaine in the US ??“ Regaine outside the US) Clinical trials were carried out and within a few years, Minoxidil was approved by the FDA as THE FIRST treatment for hair loss.

-Once the patent for Minoxidil expired, various Pharmaceutical companies started manufacturing generic Minoxidil.

-Topical Minoxidil is Clinically PROVEN to help with hair loss in a staggering 4 out of 5 men and women.

-Regrowth of new hair, improved volume & thickness have been seen in more than half of all users in clinical studies worldwide.

-Using Minoxidil continuously should, and has PROVEN in many trials & studies, as well as millions of users throughout the world, delay baldness considerably and promote new hair growth.

Best of luck

GOOD INFORMATION SERIOUS!

Hope to see you around more! icon_smile.gif

PS. You are right about the alcohol...it is in sufficiently low quantities and applied topically for vehicular/mobilisation purposes only.

take care...

And YES it does remain somewhat of a mystery up to today, as to why exactly it works.

Both finasteride and minoxidil didn't start out as being hair restoration drugs.... icon_wink.gif

take care...