E-Max VENEERS - Veneers for teeth with minimal shaving, thoughts?

Hi everyone,
I'm sure we've all seen the absolute horrors that happen in Turkey regarding the promise of veneers but then shaving teeth down so much that crowns are needed.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on e-max veneers? It requires minimal shaving and results seem promising.

Also, has anyone had any issues in the past with veneers falling off?

• Valued Contributor

What problem are you trying to resolve? I'm not an expert on dental work, but my view is that such cosmetic surgeries should be absolutely avoided unless there's a genuine issue with your teeth that needs resolving. The thing about a bad hair transplant is that they're usually reversible. Bad dental work on the other hand... Too much risk involved.

15 hours ago, Berba11 said:

What problem are you trying to resolve? I'm not an expert on dental work, but my view is that such cosmetic surgeries should be absolutely avoided unless there's a genuine issue with your teeth that needs resolving. The thing about a bad hair transplant is that they're usually reversible. Bad dental work on the other hand... Too much risk involved.

For the simple means to chase "perfection", I suppose.  Which I understand is a dangerous and risky slope to go down. :)
My teeth, they are straight, but discoloured.  Whitening does nothing unfortunately.

I think I'll need to grow to accept my natural teeth rather than putting healthy teeth at risk.

Some people get composite bonding (white filling covering the whole tooth) to make it look whiter, but these are prone to stains from my knowledge.

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, SeanToman said:

For the simple means to chase "perfection", I suppose.  Which I understand is a dangerous and risky slope to go down. :)
My teeth, they are straight, but discoloured.  Whitening does nothing unfortunately.

I think I'll need to grow to accept my natural teeth rather than putting healthy teeth at risk.

Some people get composite bonding (white filling covering the whole tooth) to make it look whiter, but these are prone to stains from my knowledge.

Yea I think acceptance is definitely the best option. You can try more regular whitening treatments to get them as nice as possible but most people’s teeth are not glisteningly white like when they come back from Turkey. It usually looks ridiculous in my opinion and obviously not real. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fidenz said:

It's always a possibility with any dental work, but proper care can go a long way in preventing that. Mine are holding pretty good and don't cause any problems.

Hi, did you get veneers or full crowns? How long have you had them?

Where did you go for them also? :)