my results 5years later by Dr Karamikian

Paco

It has been about 5 years since I got my hair transplant with Dr. Karamikian from NYC in June of 2004. At that time, I was 28 years old and had a receding hair line. I transplanted about 3000? (forgot the number) by now, but I posted my pictures on this forum.

Anyway, 5 years later at the age of 32, I can still see that about 50% of the transplanted hairs are still there. I still have a flaky scalp problem and unsure if I should change shampoos or put some petroleum jelly on my scalp? QUESTION: Is flaky scalps a common problem with FUE Hair transplants?

I will consider another hair transplant in the future if my hairline gets worst.

It has been about 5 years since I got my hair transplant with Dr. Karamikian from NYC in June of 2004. At that time, I was 28 years old and had a receding hair line. I transplanted about 3000? (forgot the number) by now, but I posted my pictures on this forum.

Anyway, 5 years later at the age of 32, I can still see that about 50% of the transplanted hairs are still there. I still have a flaky scalp problem and unsure if I should change shampoos or put some petroleum jelly on my scalp? QUESTION: Is flaky scalps a common problem with FUE Hair transplants?

I will consider another hair transplant in the future if my hairline gets worst.

Can you provide more details? Are transplanted hairs supposed to be permanent? I don't understand how you lost 50% of your transplanted hairs.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley