Density Issues After 9 months

Hey all,

I had a hair transplant with Dr. Luis Nader about 9 months ago. My experience with him and his staff was great. I am now 9 months in and I am happy with my hairline but I am not achieving the level of density I had hoped for. I still look like I am thinning in the temporal regions a bit. Just curious if folks have experienced continued improved density after 9 months or if I should start thinking about a 2nd transplant late this year or next? Thanks

You're hair should still improve (thickening) right up to 12 months, sometimes even beyond. 

2k was a fair amount of grafts, you will still have a lot left in the bank if you do want to go ahead with a 2nd ht

Transplants are very rarely one and done. Have you been updating and communicating with Dr Nader regarding you're progress.?

Be interesting to see you're most recent pics. 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Britanium said:

You're hair should still improve (thickening) right up to 12 months, sometimes even beyond. 

2k was a fair amount of grafts, you will still have a lot left in the bank if you do want to go ahead with a 2nd ht

Transplants are very rarely one and done. Have you been updating and communicating with Dr Nader regarding you're progress.?

Be interesting to see you're most recent pics. 👍

I haven't talked to him in awhile. I wanted to wait past 9 months before I brought this up with him. Attaching a recent pic. It's hard to see the density issue with this pic though. I am also including another recent one where I have a face mask on - haha. No negative comments from the peanut gallery 🙂

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 7.58.54 PM.png

IMG_2046.jpeg

I think you should wait until the 12 months mark. You new hairs will thicken and if you are a slow grower the chances are goos that you will see more hairs spreading out, right now nobody can tell you for sure. After that if you are not happy with a density a second op to improve density if you are not happy with this, might come in question.

• Like 2