NW grade 6, Session 1 of 2 HT of 1500 grafts- frontal hair line made

ashu

Today I have a session 1 of 2 HT by DHI method at Layers clinic , Hyderabad, India.

As per doctor 1520 grafts have been transplanted fro making a hair line but these seems less and the spacing is huge.

I have limited donor area so session 2 will be 1500  from remaining donor +200-250 beard and 400-500 from Body. To cover till vortex area.

Can anyone tell us the spacing ok ? Can I expect density in area? 

IMG_20240221_162848.jpg

Your frontal density looks fine to me, there is a bit of spacing in the forelock area but it probably will get covered once those hairs grow longer.

Having said that I am a bit sceptical of the Dr. recommending to use only 1500 grafts as a NW6 to cover the remaining areas until vertex... unless you have a lot of pre-existing hair I think it could look very sparse.

Do you have any photos of the top of your scalp pre-op?

Edited by Ccd99
  • Thanks 1
  • Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023 - - link to thread documenting my pre-hair restoration journey
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Sept 2024 -  - approx. 3500 grafts to frontal third - thread to be created
  • Second surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - TBD - - approx. 2500 grafts to mid-scalp and vertex - thread to be created

I don't mean to put you off but I genuinely do not think 1500 grafts is going to to do the rest of the recipient area any justice. You do have some existing hair on your scalp but they are in a very advanced stage of miniaturization, so I do not think it will blend in enough to give the illusion of density.

Your donor area is very sparse too and you are are already approaching NW7 (your crown is dipping), how old are you and did you have a HT before? If you are not on meds (Finasteride/Minoxidil) I would highly recommend you get it on it ASAP post surgery.

All the best with the surgery tomorrow and I really hope I am wrong.

• Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023 - - link to thread documenting my pre-hair restoration journey
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Sept 2024 -  - approx. 3500 grafts to frontal third - thread to be created
  • Second surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - TBD - - approx. 2500 grafts to mid-scalp and vertex - thread to be created

I'm 28 , And No donot have any HT before it's because i had a foliculitis about year ago due to which I lost donor area and  I  haven't been in finasteride or minoxidil before. Thanks for your kind words. I am hoping for decent results 

• Like 1

In order to get the full coverage result for Norwood 6 , you need min of 9000 grafts . Anything less than that won’t give an illusion of full coverage unless your hair characteristic needs to be excellent and you need to have a lot of triple and quadruple in donar area . Also sounds like , you have a lot of native hair in your crown, if you respond very well to minoxidil and finasteride , and other necessary supplements and vitamins , using proper treatment like Low laser therapy , PRP , Messo therapy . You might be able to get them thicker .

Edited by Kamran10

This seems like it would be good combined with SMP. Do the front like this where people are looking directly at you then the rest with SMP. Even though will be shaved down, will have 3d look as its actual hair.

I suggest get on Minoxidil and Finasteride for next 12 months and then reassess the results of your HT and medical treatment. It will help better plan the next line of action. 

12.5k grafts with Dr. Felipe Pitella in Jan 2024.

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/

Today is day 4 after my first session of HT , Tomorrow there is continuatuion of my first session after 5 days to complete frontal profile. But today I started seeing this white puss like things in my transplanted grafts. Is this normal and can I go for surgery tomorrow? 

IMG_20240225_170503.jpg

IMG_20240225_194719.jpg