Would I be a suitable candidate for crown work? Pics

Hello I am 30 years old been on Finesteride for an about 2 years now and I feel I am somewhat stable but slowly losing ground at the same time….. considering minoxidil now.

I have been looking at Dr. Couto but haven’t heard back from his team yet about a consultation. Do you think my loss is enough to warrant a transplant? 

Hairline is ok, I have some loss on the sides of the hairline but really the crown is bothering me a lot. Please advise on the best doctors and what I should do thanks very much 8A95AA5B-281D-4F2B-8886-2B5908148C18.thumb.jpeg.7f76ca841e61ff69331e8cfe9bcf1271.jpeg3F01F6A1-8754-46B5-9635-CA50DFD9478F.thumb.jpeg.833c9fb51469fef95c30f4278f49d0b5.jpegAE6888AD-D7ED-49CA-AAAB-2D2590518EF3.thumb.jpeg.b4eae4a995a1c3cdbe103d8b25f625eb.jpeg93C7B8B2-489E-4720-AF1D-3F3E6D71F397.thumb.jpeg.9b753493b996aea0707c510e0f91f94e.jpeg

Edited by Cindrum

3 minutes ago, thetdog666 said:

I would give avodart/ dut a try along with Oral min first. 

So quit finaesteride cold turkey and start Dut and Oral min? Or take them all 😅

Crown pattern moving forward.  Review the Norwood chart.  If you look at the perimeter of your loss, it sure seems it would be a sizable area.  Perhaps close to a class 5.  The key here is to keep in mind, if you've shown the propensity to lose, you'll continue losing.  Glad to hear you're on some sort of regimen to help you slow down/halt the loss.  I'd be one to do all I could, non surgically, to help retain and enhance the donor area.  Why?

The crown is the weakest point we all share due to the whirl.  It's the point from which the hair stems.  That is, no hair is coming into the area to provide any shingling.  The hair grows away from the point, exposing the area. And because the doctor will follow this same pattern, it would take many procedures and many grafts to achieve density.  We refer to this area as the black hole of hair restoration. 

If you've been a long time user of Fin, I would talk to the doctor about adding Dut a couple of days a week.  You can transition as you go along, depending on results.  Why caution?

I'd venture to say you haven't experienced any sides with Fin.  The half life of the medication is only 7 hours.  That is, if you were to experience a side, the main ingredient would only stay in your body for 3 days.  With DUT, it would be 6 months.  Regardless - yes - add Rogaine.  The mechanism of action of each modality is totally different and there's synergy when combined.  You may also want to research PRP and Laser.  When done correctly, these can help reverse miniaturization. Give everything a year, take photos in the interim.  Transplants pending outcome.  

• Wow 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

3 hours ago, LaserCaps said:

Crown pattern moving forward.  Review the Norwood chart.  If you look at the perimeter of your loss, it sure seems it would be a sizable area.  Perhaps close to a class 5.  The key here is to keep in mind, if you've shown the propensity to lose, you'll continue losing.  Glad to hear you're on some sort of regimen to help you slow down/halt the loss.  I'd be one to do all I could, non surgically, to help retain and enhance the donor area.  Why?

The crown is the weakest point we all share due to the whirl.  It's the point from which the hair stems.  That is, no hair is coming into the area to provide any shingling.  The hair grows away from the point, exposing the area. And because the doctor will follow this same pattern, it would take many procedures and many grafts to achieve density.  We refer to this area as the black hole of hair restoration. 

If you've been a long time user of Fin, I would talk to the doctor about adding Dut a couple of days a week.  You can transition as you go along, depending on results.  Why caution?

I'd venture to say you haven't experienced any sides with Fin.  The half life of the medication is only 7 hours.  That is, if you were to experience a side, the main ingredient would only stay in your body for 3 days.  With DUT, it would be 6 months.  Regardless - yes - add Rogaine.  The mechanism of action of each modality is totally different and there's synergy when combined.  You may also want to research PRP and Laser.  When done correctly, these can help reverse miniaturization. Give everything a year, take photos in the interim.  Transplants pending outcome.  

Very informative I will get down to a clinic and ask about DUT and seriously consider rogaine. PRP and laser as well I will look into.

I will have to look into the potential side effects of DUT and weigh up my options. As I said earlier I really don’t want darker circles under my eyes with minoxidil and hoping DUT can give me some regrowth without it but I do understand the synergy between minoxidil and DUT or FIN is powerful so it’s a hard choice to make.

Going forward I’ve asked for a consultation from some HT clinics on Harley street recommended on this forum just to get some advice from someone in person and I will bring up everything you said much appreciated.