Which of these doctors/ clinics would you choose and why?

Laorwong, Bicer, FUECapilar (Turan or Gur), Pekiner, Keser, Eugenix, Nader, Camacho or HDC?

These are the doctors/ clinics that I've narrowed down based on the results I've seen, reviews I've read and price range. They also all seem very ethical, not overly aggressive and have a lot of Dr. Involvement. I previously had Dr. Yaman on the list too but it seems more negative feedback is emerging about him recently (even on here) so I took him off the list... (Just to note, there's other great doctors that do amazing work but due to either their price, very long wait list just for even a consult or combination of the two, I'm not considering them. Additionally, I don't require an extensive procedure, repair work or anything like that that would rationalize a much longer wait).

I know that there's a lot to choose from here but since I like what I've seen from all of them equally and the price range for all of them is reasonable (for me anyways, I don't mean that as a blanket statement for everyone), how do I go from here on deciding on one?

I would appreciate feedback to further help narrow it down. Who would you choose or recommend and why? Any others not on my list that you feel worth mentioning?

Also, how many doctors/clinics is acceptable to consult before it becomes overboard lol? How many did you consult with before deciding on one?

This is kind of impossible to answer without knowing what you're addressing and what Norwood level you are (and if you take meds).

For example, I love Pekiner's hairlines, but he's selective with his patients, and if you have extensive loss or diffuse loss, he may not take you on.

Eugenix tends to do higher Norwoods, but not all packages are created equal. Would you be taking a tech driven package or would you go with Sethi?

Honestly, from the list above, the one's I'd consider favorites are Laorwong, Pekiner, and Nader.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Z-- said:

This is kind of impossible to answer without knowing what you're addressing and what Norwood level you are (and if you take meds).

For example, I love Pekiner's hairlines, but he's selective with his patients, and if you have extensive loss or diffuse loss, he may not take you on.

Eugenix tends to do higher Norwoods, but not all packages are created equal. Would you be taking a tech driven package or would you go with Sethi?

Honestly, from the list above, the one's I'd consider favorites are Laorwong, Pekiner, and Nader.

I second that

For me it would be laorwong, nader, keser, maras, pekiner, camacho, bicer,fuecapilar, eugenix. If you are a higher nordwood maras, nader, sethi and camacho are the doctors from this list that have proven themselves being succesful constantly with such cases. Avoid the lower packages from eugeniy, it doesnt worth the risk imo.

21 hours ago, Z-- said:

Just some minor thinning in the crown that hasn't been resolved with finasteride and to put small number of grafts into a previously worked on scar (not hair transplant related) to add density to it.

14 hours ago, jjalay said:

For me it would be laorwong, nader, keser, maras, pekiner, camacho, bicer,fuecapilar, eugenix. If you are a higher nordwood maras, nader, sethi and camacho are the doctors from this list that have proven themselves being succesful constantly with such cases. Avoid the lower packages from eugeniy, it doesnt worth the risk imo.

Thanks for the reply. I saw there's like 5 different packages with Eugenix, what is the lowest package you would recommend? The highest package with Dr. Sethi I saw price wise is like the equivalent of 5 US dollars per graft. I didn't realize that Eugenix had gotten that expensive. I thought the whole reasons so many people went to them is to have great quality, top notch work done at an affordable price. So all these people I've seen on here who chose the Sethi package and have had like 7,000+ grafts have shelled out way more money than I originally estimated. (Fortunately I don't need anywhere near that amount of grafts I'm just making a statement).

Also with Dr. Camacho, I did some more research and digging last night and it appears he's had several failed or at the very least poor results with crown work in recent times.

Edited by Patrick_Joyce

11 minutes ago, Patrick_Joyce said:

Just some minor thinning in the crown that hasn't been resolved with finasteride and to put small number of grafts into a previously worked on scar (not hair transplant related) to add density to it.

Got it. I'd maybe then stick to Laorwong and Nader. Both are highly affordable and I think have more crown expertise than Pekiner (I'd consider him primarly for frontal work).

26 minutes ago, Z-- said:

Got it. I'd maybe then stick to Laorwong and Nader. Both are highly affordable and I think have more crown expertise than Pekiner (I'd consider him primarly for frontal work).

Nader I cannot get a hold of. He responded after the first email then has not responded to any emails since. I'm waiting on a response from Laorwong.

Side question, do you know if any of these doctors (or others) who do small repair jobs of just a couple hundred grafts? (This questions is for a friend)

39 minutes ago, Patrick_Joyce said:

Thanks for the reply. I saw there's like 5 different packages with Eugenix, what is the lowest package you would recommend? The highest package with Dr. Sethi I saw price wise is like the equivalent of 5 US dollars per graft. I didn't realize that Eugenix had gotten that expensive. I thought the whole reasons so many people went to them is to have great quality, top notch work done at an affordable price. So all these people I've seen on here who chose the Sethi package and have had like 7,000+ grafts have shelled out way more money than I originally estimated. (Fortunately I don't need anywhere near that amount of grafts I'm just making a statement).

Also with Dr. Camacho, I did some more research and digging last night and it appears he's had several failed or at the very least poor results with crown work in recent times.

40 minutes ago, Patrick_Joyce said:

If you are a higher NW and need crown work you should look at laorwong, maras and nader. Couto and bruno pinto in spain and portugal are also great options. They have a long waiting list and are a little bit expensive at 3 and 5 euros i think but its definitly worth it. If you ask my opinion i wouldnt go with the lower packages from eugenix- They have many failures. I havent  dived deep into the work of camacho because ive never considered him, i ve only seen the results posted in this forum from him.

4 hours ago, jjalay said:

If you are a higher NW and need crown work you should look at laorwong, maras and nader. Couto and bruno pinto in spain and portugal are also great options. They have a long waiting list and are a little bit expensive at 3 and 5 euros i think but its definitly worth it. If you ask my opinion i wouldnt go with the lower packages from eugenix- They have many failures. I havent  dived deep into the work of camacho because ive never considered him, i ve only seen the results posted in this forum from him.

I'm not a higher Norwood level. Have no frontal recession or loss; luckily only slight crown thinning.

As far as eugenics there's five different packages which one would be considered the lowest one that's safe to choose? So you're saying that all of these great results I've seen on here of higher Norwoods at Eugenix that had 8,000+ grafts got the higher packages at like the equivalent of 5 dollars a grafts? That's like over 40,000 dollars!

6 hours ago, jjalay said:

May I ask for your advice on the first two  -Laorwong and Maras, when it comes to doing second transplants/ top ups?

Laorwong or Maras are my preferred choices for my second op, but most of the results I see from them, or from any doctor, are naturally of first transplants, creating a new hairline.

In my case I have the hairline and hair already transplanted by a doctor previously, and am looking for someone who can add density in between the transplanted grafts without damaging them.  I don't think any doctor really specializes in this so much but am struggling to verify if they or any doctor is the right one for this.   

8 minutes ago, tacale said:

May I ask for your advice on the first two  -Laorwong and Maras, when it comes to doing second transplants/ top ups?

Laorwong or Maras are my preferred choices for my second op, but most of the results I see from them, or from any doctor, are naturally of first transplants, creating a new hairline.

In my case I have the hairline and hair already transplanted by a doctor previously, and am looking for someone who can add density in between the transplanted grafts without damaging them.  I don't think any doctor really specializes in this so much but am struggling to verify if they or any doctor is the right one for this.   

who was your first doctor and can you post some pictures? if the density of the hairline is good why go with another surgery? If you are using magnification and you are making the slits paralelle to the existing hair the risk of damage is preety low. But you have to now that in some cases going high with density may affect the growth rate of the second transplant, the new grafts are compiting each other for the blood supply. I thing both of these doctors are at the same level for such touch ups.

15 hours ago, jjalay said:

who was your first doctor and can you post some pictures? if the density of the hairline is good why go with another surgery? If you are using magnification and you are making the slits paralelle to the existing hair the risk of damage is preety low. But you have to now that in some cases going high with density may affect the growth rate of the second transplant, the new grafts are compiting each other for the blood supply. I thing both of these doctors are at the same level for such touch ups.

Thanks for your help.

My first doctor was Dr Marwan Saifi in Wroclaw Poland.
I need a second surgery because I was almost entirely bald on top, but only had 2300 grafts for the whole area, knowing I would need more later. 

The density is very weak obviously. A massive improvement over what I had but probably only half the journey. I don't expect top density - because I was too far gone, just want as much of an improvement as possible. 

My fear is that some doctors will transplant over what's already there or risk transection, and with only maybe only 3000 grafts left over in the donor I'm hoping for someone who will really make the most out of every single graft, combining with what I have for the best result.

If I may post pictures here, I have 1 from before surgery and 2 different angles from after. 

Hairearly2022.png.2c1523b1a2698dd44426c5a8fd31f297.pngimage.png.706da563957a128c7f1a8d150319bbba.png

Hairtopnow.jpg.ba1ae7b2a93fc1b7eced12b1b6cadab1.jpg

From the doctors you are mentioning Laorwong, Nader and Maras would be my top 3. If you want to save grafts you can also consider fut. Saifi still does fut but hattingen hair in switzerland is another great option you can consider for fut.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Is there a specific reason you're hesitant to return to Dr. Saifi? With 2300 grafts, your results seemed satisfactory.

Based on your previous posts, it seems like you're seeking a skilled yet cost-effective surgeon. You might want to consider Dr. Laorwong, HDC Clinic, or Dr. Nader, among others. There are many other reputable doctors as well, so it's hard to recommend just one or two.

Since you're familiar with most of these surgeons, the best approach would be to review their past work throughly and than shortlist 4-5 doctors based on that. Then, consult with each of them to determine who best aligns with your expectations and goals.

I hope this helps you. Good Luck.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

3 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

Is there a specific reason you're hesitant to return to Dr. Saifi? With 2300 grafts, your results seemed satisfactory.

Based on your previous posts, it seems like you're seeking a skilled yet cost-effective surgeon. You might want to consider Dr. Laorwong, HDC Clinic, or Dr. Nader, among others. There are many other reputable doctors as well, so it's hard to recommend just one or two.

Since you're familiar with most of these surgeons, the best approach would be to review their past work throughly and than shortlist 4-5 doctors based on that. Then, consult with each of them to determine who best aligns with your expectations and goals.

I hope this helps you. Good Luck.

I'm still considering Saifi. He did a good job I think. The dilemma is between the conservative solution he offers -1500 grafts vs most others who are offering 3000. 

Maybe there's wisdom in using only 1500 and saving for another transplant in case of further recession.

However since I was largely bald and most of what I have on top now is transplanted hair, I hope there's not so much left to recede and I can go with someone who will transplant a few more grafts to get some more density. 

• Like 1