10th day scab removal

Hi everybody,

I have a question. I hope one of you guys will help me out. On the 10th day i removed my scabs after the hairtransplant. Because my scalp has lost sensation i massaged the scabs of too hard i think. I lost a lot of hairs with the scabs. My question is the following. I did a lot of research and what i have readed is the following. Sometimes the scabs fall out with the hairshaft. The grafts itself remains in the head. When i massaged i didnt see any bleeding on my scalp. Does this mean that there is a high probabilty that because of my hard massage i dislodged the hair shaft and not the graft because of the absence of bleeding?

Thanks in advance for any responses. Highly appreciate it! 

You're grafts are very secure at this point, it would take medical intervention to remove them. Anchored and safe after a few days, at day 10 you're absolutely fine. 

So yes it will be the hair rather than the graft itself. 

Thanks buddy for your quick response. To have it clear 100 procent. A graft lose always comes with bleeding right? So no bleeding after 10th day no graft loss?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, anoniem said:

Thanks buddy for your quick response. To have it clear 100 procent. A graft lose always comes with bleeding right? So no bleeding after 10th day no graft loss?

Grafts are safe and secure after just a few days, if they were dislodged during this time then yes you will nearly always see some very evident blood loss, usually a long trickle. So baring in mind you saw no blood loss and you're now at day 10 then yes you're absolutely golden 👌

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, Britanium said:

You're grafts are very secure at this point, it would take medical intervention to remove them. Anchored and safe after a few days, at day 10 you're absolutely fine. 

So yes it will be the hair rather than the graft itself. 

👆

Happy growing and keep updating brother.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Moderators

The transplanted hair is all going to shed. That's normal. It will be falling out for the next 2 weeks and then will start growing new hair in a few months.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Yes the ugly duckling phase :(... well lets hope for a positive result! A lot of you guys have experienced hair transplants and sharing those experience really help. A forum like this helps a lot. Thank all of you guys for taking the time to respond!