Beard Hair - opinion

Norwood 7.  The hair on top of head  is all transplanted (from 1996). I have basically no donor hair left, fyi.   I have a lot of good beard hair.  In your opinion, if a surgeon sprinkled in as much of my beard hair as possible -- would my head look noticeably fuller or just slightly fuller? (Make the assumption that I will have a Buzz haircut.)  Ie, conmetically, is such a procedure worthwhile?   (PS- I realize I could add other body hair.)

thumbnail(6).jpg.dc1f608fe37011cb513d2eba5f1e732e.jpg

thumbnail(4)(1).jpg.4ba4918d90c288604b05781a1305e12c.jpg

Screenshot_20240205-232837_Facebook.jpg

I think that adding as many beard hairs as possible to the frontal area already transplanted could make an improvement but do not think it would be dramatic. Would recommend you not even consider having any of the grafts placed in the mid scalp or crown areas. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Glenn Charles said:

I think that adding as many beard hairs as possible to the frontal area already transplanted could make an improvement but do not think it would be dramatic. Would recommend you not even consider having any of the grafts placed in the mid scalp or crown areas. 

Thank you so much.  I agree with you.  I am perplexed though:  How are doctors like Dr. Pittella able to offer gigga sessions to people like me?  Whereas, several doctors gave the same advice as yours?  (Dr. Pittella appears to be respected among HT Communities.)  Is he doing mostly body hair transplants?  Why are there so few doctors that are willing to work on Norwood 7 like him?  Maybe I'm missing something?  Do most HT doctors believe NW 7 risk/reward just not worth it?  If so, then how is it that Dr. Pittella is so respected?  

Edited by Approach
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Approach said:

Thank you so much.  I agree with you.  I am perplexed though:  How are doctors like Dr. Pittella able to offer gigga sessions to people like me?  Whereas, several doctors gave the same advice as yours?  (Dr. Pittella appears to be respected among HT Communities.)  Is he doing mostly body hair transplants?  Why are there so few doctors that are willing to work on Norwood 7 like him?  Maybe I'm missing something?  Do most HT doctors believe NW 7 risk/reward just not worth it?  If so, then how is it that Dr. Pittella is so respected?  

Patients selection is important for cases like yours where doctors like pitella or zarev are willing to operate. That means in the most cases they have a good donor area of the scalp and body hair too. You have to mix these two to have a natural result. Your donor area seem really sparse, if you only use beard or chest hair with a hairtransplant the result wont look natural. Its not something you want.

2 hours ago, jjalay said:

Patients selection is important for cases like yours where doctors like pitella or zarev are willing to operate. That means in the most cases they have a good donor area of the scalp and body hair too. You have to mix these two to have a natural result. Your donor area seem really sparse, if you only use beard or chest hair with a hairtransplant the result wont look natural. Its not something you want.

Thank you.  Are you saying that all the NW 7 patients Dr. Pittella does surgery on have a good amount of good donor hair on back of scalp?

Edited by Approach

13 minutes ago, Approach said:

Thank you.  Are you saying that all the NW 7 patients Dr. Pittella does surgery on have a good amount of good donor hair on back of scalp?

Yes otherwise this would not be possible. Unless you want to intentionally remove a big amount of hairs and overharvest the donor area, but then you will have to shave the hair on the donor area to cover this up. When this is a possibility for you you might want to have a consultation with someone like pitella.

On 2/8/2024 at 4:53 PM, jjalay said:

Yes otherwise this would not be possible. Unless you want to intentionally remove a big amount of hairs and overharvest the donor area, but then you will have to shave the hair on the donor area to cover this up. When this is a possibility for you you might want to have a consultation with someone like pitella.

Forgive me for being ignorant on this, sincerely.   Are you being sarcastic or serious?