Dr.May/Dr.Rogers in UK

bigT

I am considering surgery with one of these doctors and would appreciate anyway feedback (petef, londonguygraftking?!?!) from people who have had their surgery performed by them. I am having a receded hairline restored with 800-900 strip grafts to be used. All replies much appreciated. Cheers.

I am considering surgery with one of these doctors and would appreciate anyway feedback (petef, londonguygraftking?!?!) from people who have had their surgery performed by them. I am having a receded hairline restored with 800-900 strip grafts to be used. All replies much appreciated. Cheers.

bigT,

I have some GREAT news for you and not sure if it's been discussed on this website yet. I had STRIP surgery 7 years ago which was tantamount to buthcery (sorry, it's true) and more recently used the newest DR GHO METHOD of Follicular Multiplication (FM) which is no more expensive but allows for UNLIMITED DONOR HAIR due to the fact they can actually multiply your hair & leave NO SCARS. I have obvious scarring from the STRIP technique I received 7 years ago, but the new transplant is very painless and AWESOME! You will have to travel however. You are welcome to email me at saplyak@hotmail.com for complete information or phone me if you want to make a better 'informed' decision about such a serious decision in your life.

Guy

BigT

If these are the only 2 doctors u want to consider, I think Dr. Rogers is your man.

But a ht is for life. Do not let proximity be a criteria in choosing your doctor. I have suffered because of that.

You may not like my saying it but its true.

UK is way behind in terms of hair transplants. The websites say they can transplant a mere 1500 grafts a day.

Whom will you trust - people who routinely do 3000-4000 grafts per day or those whose best efforts add upto 1500 grafts a day.

Going to Dr.AP for Body hair transplant and fue

Guy,

Please post pics and info of your experience with Dr. Gho and his hair manipluation. I've heard some movie stars that have used him, but many in the US have discounted this techniques because he has been talking about it soooo long and no proof or pics to back it up.

I posted some general info from his website but is was removed because of promoting his own clinic.

I as well as others would be very interested in hearing your experience and progress with pics of results.

THanks for your contribution.

Big T

I am from UK and recently went to see Dr Ron Shapiro in USA. It was a great experience and while you may be put off by going to the USA it really is not such a big problem. It will work out just as as cheap too

Please see the link I wrote some 6-8 weeks ago about my visit to Ron Shapiro - they provide absolutely great patient service and care.

If you fly with Icelandic air - this will take you to Minneapolis and the fares are really cheap ~??200. You can check into one of the local hotels, $69-89 per night, which is < 5 min walk from the Shapiro clinic. Maybe stay for 3-4 days and then fly back and get your stitches removed locally in UK

Link on this website

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=5696015661&f=5466060861&m=973105495&r=973105495#973105495

Bets of luck

Guy,

I think all of the forum members would like to see some progression pics on the "newest DR GHO METHOD of Follicular Multiplication (FM) which is no more expensive but allows for UNLIMITED DONOR HAIR" that you speak of.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

BigT,

There was a cosmetic surgery programme on sky that followed a gentlemen who went thru' surgery with Dr May. It showed the same gentlemen about 10 months after surgery and his hair didn't look any different. I thought it looked a poor result.

I also met a Dr May patient at one the DHI seminars. The grafts looked to spaced out over too much of a large area and looked an obvious transplant. He also had a very wide scar, at least 5mm.

I'm really surprised at Dr Rogers advising you to have strip for less than a thousand grafts. Maybe he hasn't grasped the concept of FUE yet and he has now gone downwards in my estimation!

hombre,

I feel I have to defend Dr Rogers here, basically because your being unfair. Ive had two surgeries with him so speak from experience.Both were less than 1000 grafts - you need to understand that not everyone can afford FUE or has a need for it .. I know I would never shave my head in any circumstances other than heaven forbid ill health. The guy did a fantastic job in rebuilding my hairline , in my opinion ,its dense and looks natural .. and the scar as i said earlier beats 95 percent of those ive seen posted , as the red line fades where it was .. its getting to the stage where i literally cannot find it. We have few enough decent ht surgeons in the UK as it is without beating up on maybe the only decent guy we have.

BigT,

Any reason why you want to go for strip or why Dr.Rogers suggested you go for strip.

If $$$ is not the consideration, I suggest never go for strip.

And specially not for just 900 grafts.

Going to Dr.AP for Body hair transplant and fue

Thanks to all who have replied to my questions so far, it really is appreciated and needed!

The reason for Dr.Rogers suggesting strip over FUE was primarily because he has only recently started FUE and so doesn't want to push it too strongly before he has personal experience of its positive results(he did also mention the extra cost) - fair enough i thought.

This doesn't mean i have dicounted the idea of FUE by a more experienced doctor in the US. This brings me back to my second point in my previous post ie who should i consider in america - sparky speaks of a good experience with ron shapiro but he would still perform the strip surgery and not FUE as far as i know.

Can anyone guide me on this - those who have travelled to receive surgery, strip or FUE in US, how to practically contact/consult with the best in US, and a shortlist of the best doctors for my type of proposed surgery???

Once again every reply is read and appreciated icon_smile.gif