Post-HT activities

Hi All 

Just curious, but after the HT is finished and you have had the follow up with the doctor etc. is it possible to go out and visit restaurants, bars etc? I understand that I may not look entirely appropriate to be lurking around with my head all bandaged, but if i wanted to explore, is that possible? Any adverse effects, or implications for the actual HT doing so? 

Many thanks  

• Valued Contributor

Yeh you can visit them..you just need to avoid direct sunlight for long so an umbrella would helpful if you are out in day time plus just take care that you don't bump your head anywhere so chaotic places should be avoided for safety reasons...other than this you are fine and fit to go.

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Going out shouldn’t be a problem as long as you are careful.

1. You mentioned going to a “bar”. I hope you are not planning to consume alcohol soon after the procedure. You should wait a few days at least before drinking any alcohol.

2. Be careful getting in/out of car so you don’t bang your head. Also, carry umbrella…if rain is expected.

3. If you are going to be around too many people, just keep distance. I have some really stupid friends who like to just grab anything they find weird…lol.

I am 10 days post-op as of today and I decided not to take any chance whatsoever and stayed put unless I really really had to get out. Spent too much money and efforts to get the damn thing done and I ain’t gonna mess it up. 😃

12.5k grafts with Dr. Felipe Pitella in Jan 2024.

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/

2 hours ago, YodaHead said:

1. You mentioned going to a “bar”. I hope you are not planning to consume alcohol soon after the procedure. You should wait a few days at least before drinking any alcohol.

2. Be careful getting in/out of car so you don’t bang your head. Also, carry umbrella…if rain is expected.

3. If you are going to be around too many people, just keep distance. I have some really stupid friends who like to just grab anything they find weird…lol.

I am 10 days post-op as of today and I decided not to take any chance whatsoever and stayed put unless I really really had to get out. Spent too much money and efforts to get the damn thing done and I ain’t gonna mess it up. 😃

Fair enough mate. I can see you went with Pitella. He was so far outside my price range.. no doubt you will get amazing results! All the best with your recovery 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YodaHead said:

Thanks mate, that’s good to know. 

• Moderators
21 hours ago, bdenkha said:

Hi All 

Just curious, but after the HT is finished and you have had the follow up with the doctor etc. is it possible to go out and visit restaurants, bars etc? I understand that I may not look entirely appropriate to be lurking around with my head all bandaged, but if i wanted to explore, is that possible? Any adverse effects, or implications for the actual HT doing so? 

Many thanks  

You can walk around and do some light activity, but be aware that it's common to get a lot of swelling in the first few days, so you may not want to be seen. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

You can walk around and do some light activity, but be aware that it's common to get a lot of swelling in the first few days, so you may not want to be seen. 

Swelling around the transplant site, swelling in the face or just general swelling? 

My best mate has offered to come with me to Turkey to keep me company (some mental and emotional support), so i feel bad just sitting in the hotel room. I thought, if we could, it would nice to venture out and experience what Istanbul has to offer. I also would not feel as bad for him sacrificing his time and money to come with me. 

• Moderators
23 hours ago, bdenkha said:

Swelling around the transplant site, swelling in the face or just general swelling? 

Mostly forehead and facial swelling. Some people hardly get any at all, but it's just something you should know in case it happens to you. I tried to find some bad cases of it online, so you can see what I mean. These are probably the extreme ones, so it's unlikely that you'll get it this bad. This usually happens around day 2 or 3 and only lasts a day or two.

image.png.f9fa5f322c7558a1859ed2f379ad99ba.png

image.png.999c15ee890a5847f1f9930b8f420bb8.png

image.png.abc08165f0edf04cf36a1bdc4334172d.png

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

Mostly forehead and facial swelling. Some people hardly get any at all, but it's just something you should know in case it happens to you. I tried to find some bad cases of it online, so you can see what I mean. These are probably the extreme ones, so it's unlikely that you'll get it this bad. This usually happens around day 2 or 3 and only lasts a day or two.

image.png.f9fa5f322c7558a1859ed2f379ad99ba.png

image.png.999c15ee890a5847f1f9930b8f420bb8.png

image.png.abc08165f0edf04cf36a1bdc4334172d.png

yeah im definitely staying put if i look anything like this. Thank you mate, much appreciate your response. 

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, bdenkha said:

yeah im definitely staying put if i look anything like this. Thank you mate, much appreciate your response. 

I hope I didn't scare you. You'll probably be fine. You could always tell everyone you are a boxing champ and just finished a fight where the guy got a few good punches to your face, but you eventually knocked him out in the 6th round.  😄

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

On 2/5/2024 at 11:02 PM, BeHappy said:

I hope I didn't scare you. You'll probably be fine. You could always tell everyone you are a boxing champ and just finished a fight where the guy got a few good punches to your face, but you eventually knocked him out in the 6th round.  😄

Haha, I certainly could. No I really appreciate the input. Thank you mate! :)