Hair Transplant recommendations.

Hi. I’m a healthy 26 year old male that has been on finasteride for 2 years with no side effects. This pretty successfully slowed down my recession. I haven’t been on minoxidil yet but plan to after transplant surgery.

my hair type is quite straight when really short, then becomes wavy/curly, then quite curly when it’s long. My dad is completely bald but not sure how much of his genes I’ve gotten 😂 (he’s 5’8 and I’m 6’6) The hair at the front and top of head is of a thinner structure than my back and sides. These remain very thick when my hair is long. 
I’m hoping to restore the recession in my hairline yet maintain a widows peak/natural looking line. 
I’ve been researching quite a lot and am almost set on Dr Laorwong in Bangkok, Thailand. I’ve seen some awesome results and great feedback about him. I’ve just sent through photos of my hair to him and am awaiting a response. 
my worry with this is I haven’t seen many wavy/curly haired patients from him. 
Are there any alternative Dr’s (NOT CLINICS) at a similar price point, that I should be in contact with to consider also? 
I’m attaching photos of my hair shaved and long to help with recommendations. 
thankyou! 
(In photos with longer hair I’m wearing the hair very forward to hide recession).

BFA1BDA9-F65A-493A-B91D-8672BE04CF5C.jpeg

71C6B84F-F625-4EAE-BE9C-11FDAEB5035F.jpeg

05E1B8FD-8FA0-4CCB-8043-D7FE2CB85FF2.jpeg

4745A634-C7D2-4A00-AD0D-C9ADE92B15B3.jpeg

163C95DB-92C5-4310-B0EB-941A5C1780B8.jpeg

2177A147-442E-4640-92BD-6E6A41E83EE7.jpeg

875D81AF-8945-47AA-9B5D-26647AD82126.jpeg

A3A49612-B67D-4176-BDE5-1D181B33F204.png

70559CFF-ACB3-4604-96C4-5BB8B60DB1D8.png

BF44D923-ED74-4746-9D93-8A84C914BC51.jpeg

9CCD0389-9A5A-4E03-A780-F1A7AC5458C3.jpeg

C4B64AC4-E436-4C1F-866B-C15A323B55D5.jpeg

F37EEBA5-118F-4DBE-9016-2A5B99B4DF4C.jpeg

D0B33A4C-18CE-43A5-B639-204009395ED0.png

Edited by Joshyouare
More photos

Also Nader. My advice would be to try and find similar cases to yours from these doctors, especially guys with curly hair. 

Furthermore, given your young age and genes, I would suggest a conservative approach. That would technically mean filling up the temples and not lowering the hairline-this should not require more than 2000 grafts. Also, you may want to try oral min and switch to dutasteride as more potent compared to finasteride. Be mindful that this may induce some months of shedding until new hairs replace the miniaturized/thinning ones, but in the long run it is for the best.

Good luck!

2 minutes ago, Joshyouare said:

@Stoner Thankyou! If dr Laorwong is comfortable he can progress with my hair type, is there any reason to not move forward with him?

No, absolutely none-he has had a lot of great results online lately! I would just ask him if he is fine with curly hair and/or check for some of his results with this type of hair.

I might have personally preferred Pekiner out of personal taste, but I would consider all these 6 doctors, Laorwong included, the best value-for-money options around. Just make sure to stay on the conservative side and continue taking meds :)

I’ve attached the hairline that eugenix drew on my head. I’m in a position to afford this option but I’m getting a weird feeling from them. The only reason I messaged them was their seeming success with curly haired caucasians. They’ve also lowered my hairline and drawn on some aggressive temples. 
does temple work seem necessary for me? I like shaving the sides of my head anyway. Classic Australian mullet 😂

6F0F1CDE-D552-4446-812B-BC67998455B0.png

7BAD1878-B6DE-48F3-9882-7ACA174AD0D3.png

ABB96246-8FEA-4630-9797-919D9962E668.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stoner said:

No, absolutely none-he has had a lot of great results online lately! I would just ask him if he is fine with curly hair and/or check for some of his results with this type of hair.

I might have personally preferred Pekiner out of personal taste, but I would consider all these 6 doctors, Laorwong included, the best value-for-money options around. Just make sure to stay on the conservative side and continue taking meds :)

Great! I reached out to Alex from Pekiners clinic two weeks ago so still waiting for a response, I then know I’d have to wait a year most likely. Dr Laorwong is actually replying and his bookings seem more frequent.

One of things I'm not so keen on with the typical Eugenix planning is there insistence in those type of aggressive temples. I just don't think it's necessary and appropriate in every case. Nor is lowering the hairline too much. A lot of grafts are used by planning this way, and I don't personally think the temple point work  they like to do is recreating nature, in fact I can usually spot a Eugenix ht purely by the design. Too each their own, but for me? Nope. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Joshyouare said:

I’ve attached the hairline that eugenix drew on my head. I’m in a position to afford this option but I’m getting a weird feeling from them. The only reason I messaged them was their seeming success with curly haired caucasians. They’ve also lowered my hairline and drawn on some aggressive temples. 
does temple work seem necessary for me? I like shaving the sides of my head anyway. Classic Australian mullet 😂

6F0F1CDE-D552-4446-812B-BC67998455B0.png

7BAD1878-B6DE-48F3-9882-7ACA174AD0D3.png

ABB96246-8FEA-4630-9797-919D9962E668.png

Yeah, I am not a terrible fan of Eugenix tbh, that's why I did not include them in my list. I feel there are cases in which the results are sub-par. I would opt for Larwong in the comparison, who has had very few bad cases until now (if any).

Not a fan of lowering the hairline either (Eugenix has this bad tendency). In your place, I would avoid this for my first HT and instead probably wait for some years. If you are then sure your hair loss has stopped due to meds and if it still bothers you, then you might just slightly tweak it in a second HT

Re temples, I actually think they make a big difference in creating a youthful look. However, most doctors abstain from recreating them because they need really fine hair. From the doctors I mentioned, I think no one does temple peaks (unsure about Nader). The ones that are skillful in it are more heavy priced (Ferreira, Pinto, Couto). Luckily Laorwong does, so maybe that is another reason for you to go with him, regardless of the buzz cut preference 😛 Just make sure to ask for fine hair in the temple peaks.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Joshyouare said:

Great! I reached out to Alex from Pekiners clinic two weeks ago so still waiting for a response, I then know I’d have to wait a year most likely. Dr Laorwong is actually replying and his bookings seem more frequent.

Well, there is that. Alex does take his time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stoner said:

Yeah, I am not a terrible fan of Eugenix tbh, that's why I did not include them in my list. I feel there are cases in which the results are sub-par. I would opt for Larwong in the comparison, who has had very few bad cases until now (if any).

Not a fan of lowering the hairline either (Eugenix has this bad tendency). In your place, I would avoid this for my first HT and instead probably wait for some years. If you are then sure your hair loss has stopped due to meds and if it still bothers you, then you might just slightly tweak it in a second HT

Re temples, I actually think they make a big difference in creating a youthful look. However, most doctors abstain from recreating them because they need really fine hair. From the doctors I mentioned, I think no one does temple peaks (unsure about Nader). The ones that are skillful in it are more heavy priced (Ferreira, Pinto, Couto). Luckily Laorwong does, so maybe that is another reason for you to go with him, regardless of the buzz cut preference 😛 Just make sure to ask for fine hair in the temple peaks.

Yeah. He gives me the best gut feeling right now which is pretty important. Hopefully he’s comfortable with a couple curls. Initially De Freitas seemed a great option but I was steered away from that due to his row method which would possibly restrict me from having a buzz cut in the future, in saying that his patients look awesome with their hair grown out! And yes I’ll make sure to ask for those fine temple peaks.

• Like 1