recommendation HT

Hey Hair Restoration Network,

Hope you're all doing well. I've been contemplating a HT in Turkey and delved into Asmed clinic and Dr. Cinik's options. However, negative reviews steered me away. Pekiner is on my radar, but the long waitlist and higher cost have me hesitating, especially when comparable prices exist in Europe.

Seeking advice from the community – any solid recommendations for a trustworthy hair transplant clinic in Turkey within the 3-4k euro price range? I estimate I'll need about 3000 grafts.

Appreciate the insights,

Emil 🤙🏽

In this price range i would suggest Dr. Gür or Dr. Turan (Fuecapilar).

You can check their results here in this forum, both surgeons are great options for this budget.

And they are no hairmills, which means only 1 -2 patients per day.

Dr. Yaman is also a good option in my opinion.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for getting back to me! I've been researching results for Gur and Turan. They seem to use many grafts, resulting in conservative hairlines. Where do all these grafts end up? Their density isn't really impressive either.

If I up my budget, can I expect better results? And if so, how much more should I aim for? Any doctors you'd recommend?  I’m a NW3

Edited by Emil

12 hours ago, Emil said:

Thanks for getting back to me! I've been researching results for Gur and Turan. They seem to use many grafts, resulting in conservative hairlines. Where do all these grafts end up? Their density isn't really impressive either.

If I up my budget, can I expect better results? And if so, how much more should I aim for? Any doctors you'd recommend?  I’m a NW3

No problem👍

What are your expectations?

What kind of hairline do you want (Photo)?

Do you have a photo of your hair?

Keep in mind that there are many more factors than just the amount of grafts. For example hair diameter, skin/hair contrast, size of head, actual hair loss pattern (which areas are thinning, not just bald).

In my opinion Gur seems to take a more conservative approach on NW4+ patients and he doesn't use that many grafts.

Dr. Turans harline design doesn't seem conservative at all to me.

You will get good density with 3000 grafts as a NW3 from Gür, Turan or Yaman, but it would be better to see photos of your hair in order to get an idea of your recession or thinning.

If you up your budget and you look for a transplant in Turkey, I would recommend Dr. Bicer, Dr. Pekiner or Dr. Keser.

Edited by Martador

I aim to restore my hairline to its appearance in my early to mid-20s. I’m 32, with a Middle Eastern background, I don't embrace the concept of a mature hairline. My motivation for a hair transplant is to regain my youthful hairline, planning for a 1cm to 1.5cm reduction from the lowest point in the front and sides. I've marked these areas in two images using red lines. Despite having thick hair follicles and high overall density, I'm concerned about achieving a natural look with the procedure 🤷🏻‍♂️

EC415D11-A69C-4723-8C2E-972BF415ED24.jpeg

F054BAA0-A7A6-407D-9D14-BC466D0EE495.jpeg

DE7422B2-7B11-4BD6-A539-E74CAED0B8C2.jpeg

7944F2F6-EFD5-495A-BE44-1D82E5B0341F.jpeg

12 hours ago, Emil said:

dr turan seems to implant far behind the thinning areas, probably to take possible future loss into account

if you are in the meditirean area you could also consider hdc (cyprus), farres seffen (tunis), jean luc portelli (malta) or dr.barghouthi (amman)

ps

the hairline you drew is way to low. not only it will look unnatural but also it would be an irresponsible waste of grafts

Edited by mr_peanutbutter

Thanks for suggesting peanut butter! Do you happen to know how much the doctors you mentioned charge per graft? 

Also, here's an old picture when I was NW1; my aim is to bring the hairline to this level. Apologies for the image quality.

I’m based in the northern part of Europe.

9CD473E6-34A3-4FF7-86A7-BD196C902A81.jpeg

Edited by Emil

7 hours ago, Emil said:

I aim to restore my hairline to its appearance in my early to mid-20s. I’m 32, with a Middle Eastern background, I don't embrace the concept of a mature hairline. My motivation for a hair transplant is to regain my youthful hairline, planning for a 1cm to 1.5cm reduction from the lowest point in the front and sides. I've marked these areas in two images using red lines. Despite having thick hair follicles and high overall density, I'm concerned about achieving a natural look with the procedure 🤷🏻‍♂️

DE7422B2-7B11-4BD6-A539-E74CAED0B8C2.jpeg

7944F2F6-EFD5-495A-BE44-1D82E5B0341F.jpeg

Thanks for posting pictures of your hair👍

Your hair seems thick which is very good!

Do you know the rule of thirds?

Try to measure your thirds and look what it says about your dimensions (better understanding for hairline distance).

NW pattern seems to be a NW3 with  forelock recession/thinning.

As mr_peanutbutter said, the hairline is too low and you would need an unnecessary amount of grafts.

The line for the temporal points is also too aggressive.

You would need more than 3000 grafts for the drawn lines and it would look unnatural (with poor density)

And if you want to have your temporal points done, you need a good surgeon who is specialized on temporal work, because bad work on temporal points is a nightmare. 

Ths is just an example, blue line without lowering and red line with lowering.

You could get away with 2500-3000 grafts in this example.

Haarline.thumb.jpeg.830c07fc0eef7ccc692bfb8b653d629a.jpeg   

Haarline_2.thumb.jpeg.2714532ce3d4ab9e3f9584bd6e876458.jpeg

Edited by Martador

Hey Matador,

Appreciate the clarification! I googled the rule of thirds, and it clicks. With my oval head shape, the red line works, perhaps a tad lower for the rule of thirds.

Considering my images, do you still recommend Gur and Turan? And can they handle the temporal points?

One more thing: Would it be unrealistic to expect a hairline similar to the one in the old image?

Thanks!

On 1/10/2024 at 11:09 PM, Emil said:

Hey Matador,

Appreciate the clarification! I googled the rule of thirds, and it clicks. With my oval head shape, the red line works, perhaps a tad lower for the rule of thirds.

Considering my images, do you still recommend Gur and Turan? And can they handle the temporal points?

One more thing: Would it be unrealistic to expect a hairline similar to the one in the old image?

Thanks!

Hey Emil,

If you look for good temporal point work, I would suggest surgeons like Dr. Bruno Pinto, Dr. Pekiner or Dr. Keser.

I personally think that you could go to Dr. Turan, but it depends on your expectations about the temporal points. 

Here is a pretty recent case from Dr. Turan which I do like!

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/69765-fuecapilar-dr-turan-2431-grafs-enhanced-recovery-test/

I am pretty certain, that you can expect a hairline like from your previous image where you were in your 20s (hairline easily).

Edited by Martador

Hey Matador,

I'm taking some time to decide on a doctor for my hair transplant. Turan is around 3.5k euros, while European doctors like Pinto, Ferreira, and Freitas are three times more.

If the cost is around 3 euros per graft(Pekiner,Keser,Bicer), I'd prefer a European doctor.

My concern with Turkey is based on my experience in the dental field. Sometimes, the work I've seen from Turkish patients involves unethical practices, old procedures, and low-quality materials. While I know not all Turkish clinics are like that, the overall standard in Europe seems higher. I don't want to regret a hair transplant done in Turkey later.

I plan to start with finasteride 1mg 3-4 times a week for 6 months while I decide.

Thanks for your time and guidance Matador 🤘🏽

12 hours ago, Emil said:

Hey Matador,

I'm taking some time to decide on a doctor for my hair transplant. Turan is around 3.5k euros, while European doctors like Pinto, Ferreira, and Freitas are three times more.

If the cost is around 3 euros per graft(Pekiner,Keser,Bicer), I'd prefer a European doctor.

My concern with Turkey is based on my experience in the dental field. Sometimes, the work I've seen from Turkish patients involves unethical practices, old procedures, and low-quality materials. While I know not all Turkish clinics are like that, the overall standard in Europe seems higher. I don't want to regret a hair transplant done in Turkey later.

I plan to start with finasteride 1mg 3-4 times a week for 6 months while I decide.

Thanks for your time and guidance Matador 🤘🏽

the mentioned doctor in malta and cyprus are cheaper then 3 eur and in european union if that helps you.

there is also relatively cheap doctors in hungary or poland

Edited by mr_peanutbutter
  • Like 1