Island of hair, (how is it restored)

Hi lads, think I posted this in the wrong topic- 

been on the forums for many years since age 21, now age 27. & I’m looking to book a consultation with Dr Pinto. (Zarev was out my budget and waiting times was years) 

I have questions about my frontal island of hair. For some reason my hair is populated in this area but doesn’t seem to want to grow past 3 inch at best. Like there is a lot of hair there but not almost like a underfed grass patch. it’s been this way since age 20 and doesn’t seem to be getting any worse but lacks length and fullness but the scalp is populated if you get me.

how does the doctor tackle this part to implant donor hair in a area which is populated with A good amount of hair but is affected by hairloss? (Drops out after 3 inch of growth but doesn’t seem to be getting any worse) 

extra question- if an area is effected by hairloss, will it ultimately become bald in the future or will it somewhat be resistant to DHT whilst being affected? 

hoping some hairloss expert can answer. Cheers 

(Ps, the long fringe area was at age 18 for reference)

C5AB31FB-E9BC-41FE-87B9-1A726BDA4FF7.jpeg

85CCDB0E-69EF-402D-A061-1BAAF73521F9.jpeg

7A29BCFE-DE9C-4B7E-8186-C17C32E462DE.jpeg

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

how does the doctor tackle this part to implant donor hair in a area which is populated with A good amount of hair but is affected by hairloss?

There is always a risk of your existing hairs getting damaged and seeing your pictures i don't think tou should go for a HT at the moment 

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

extra question- if an area is effected by hairloss, will it ultimately become bald in the future or will it somewhat be resistant to DHT whilst being affected

Hairloss is an unpredictable thing...some people able to hold on to those hairs and others don't ..and unfortunately the ratio of the ones who aren't able to hold on to them is high.

Medication can help you to hold on to them for a longer period of time.

Seeing your pictures imo you should first consult a good hair transplant surgeon and get on to medication and other non surgical therapies. 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

When hair miniaturises, one sign is a shortened Anagen or growth phase and that is why it won't grow longer. Ideally get on meds to stabilise it in the least. A skilled doctor can place in and among but hair as described above is thinner, lacks shine and lustre and can look different to the transplanted hair quality or shock out from epinephrine injections and surgery trauma if not by the doctor transecting. The transecting for a competent doctor is not an issue but more the surgery stress and state of thinner hair can be then more prone to shock loss or speed up dying. 

As said above, meds first and then go from there.