FUE Scarring and other Questions

Hey Guys,

I have a few questions.

I am looking at FUE however I am concerned about scarring, what is the best way to minimise scarring? I have read that keeping the amount of grafts down per session. For example, if needing 5000 grafts then split into 2 sessions with ample time in between.

Secondly, I am thinking about long term hair plan as I cannot take oral fin/minoxidil. I am looking at topical minoxidil & Pyrilitumaide with derma pen 1x per week. I'm wondering if this will be enough.

Thirdly, I have been reading mixed reports around miniturisation of transplanted hair, some people seem to lose it sometime after HT and some don't so just wanted to get some thoughts on this. 

Thanks guys.

You’re gonna get a response like this across the board..

”Don’t have surgery if you don’t want any scarring”

That’s true, but i also understand your question. I think the best way is through a homogenous extraction pattern which means your extracting evenly throughout the donor without leaving a boarder. I’ve seen many cases where people have visible white dots, while others don’t have much there. With the same punch size used. Depends on your skin tone and how you heal i guess. With your example i think 5k grafts is 5k grafts. Splitting it into two sessions may not have anything to do with the visual outcome in the end.

@Hair4Days  I get that there will be some level of scarring regardless, for me its understanding what level of to expect. I am looking at post op photos of the surgeon  I am considering however its hard to tell if the person is not shaved. My thinking is, if I ever end up back to square one and decide to shave my head then I am in a no better position with scarring on top.