Scarring 1 year post-op for a 1200 FUE graft procedure. Is this normal?

Dpro45

If you are worried about scarring join Verteporfin thread. In short this is very promising chemical when inejcted into wound prevents scarring. It's getting famous, so you can ask your surgeon to use it.

For only 1200 grafts this is not how the donor area should look, thiscancels the whole purpose of doing fue which it is to be able to cut your hair short without having visible scars. It looks as they have used a bigger punch or they took the grafts too close to each other. You definitely can co for a second procedure but i would choose  a better clinic this time. What clinic you went to if you dont mind telling?

21 hours ago, Dpro45 said:

Is getting a second procedure of 2500 grafts going to be too much? I cant imagine triple the amount of scarring from what I have now 

I am or did. I just wanted to know how it'd look that low. It is more scarring than I would've though for a small procedure like that. 

9 hours ago, jjalay said:

For only 1200 grafts this is not how the donor area should look, thiscancels the whole purpose of doing fue which it is to be able to cut your hair short without having visible scars. It looks as they have used a bigger punch or they took the grafts too close to each other. You definitely can co for a second procedure but i would choose  a better clinic this time. What clinic you went to if you dont mind telling?

I went to Restore Hair

9 hours ago, jjalay said:

Is there a way to minimize the scarring? I am 15 months post-op.

2 hours ago, Dpro45 said:

Is there a way to minimize the scarring? I am 15 months post-op.

For a second procedure? Choose a better clinic where they use small punches and do the extractions correctly to minimize scarring.

some people get more visible scars than others. FUE is not scarless, so its normal to expect white dots if you shave your head. I have seen similar scars to yours from Dr Bruno Ferreira who uses small punch... So it mainly depend on the candidate rather than the size of punch.

Edited by BaldGuy
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, jjalay said:

For a second procedure? Choose a better clinic where they use small punches and do the extractions correctly to minimize scarring.

I mean as in is there anything I can do to minimize the appearance of the current scars at this point?

32 minutes ago, Dpro45 said:

I mean as in is there anything I can do to minimize the appearance of the current scars at this point?

You can do smp on the scars. There is a section for smp in this forum, you should do a research on that.

1 hour ago, BaldGuy said:

some people get more visible scars than others. FUE is not scarless, so its normal to expect white dots if you shave your head. I have seen similar scars to yours from Dr Bruno Ferreira who uses small punch... So it mainly depend on the candidate rather than the size of punch.

It is mostly depended on the punch size and the extraction pattern. You cant compare the case of mr. rolandas with this case. Rolandas hat 6000 grafts per fue, this case was only with 1200 grafts.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, jjalay said:

It is mostly depended on the punch size and the extraction pattern. You cant compare the case of mr. rolandas with this case. Rolandas hat 6000 grafts per fue, this case was only with 1200 grafts.

I have seen many cases with Patients who got their procedure with famous doctors using small punches, and their scars are visible when its shaved. Ronaldas even had too visible scars during his first surgery with 3000 grafts, altough the punch size was quite small...
It mostly depends on the candidate, rather than on the punch size. Because you can see two pleople, who got their procedure with the same doctor with the same grafts, the one has more visible scars than other. Both will have scars when they shave their donor, while on the one might be more visible...because some people tend to have more visible scars than others.

Edited by BaldGuy

• 2 weeks later...