Anyone's hair transplant surgeon prescribe aspirin to take after first wash day?

I'm seeing a lot of conflicting information on aspirin being prescribed after a hair transplant. I had Dr. Turan and it's standard for him to prescribe for 30 days after hair transplant first wash.

What are your thoughts? Did you take it? Should I take it? I'm seeing mixed answers when I do my research, with most leaning not to take it. Shouldn't it be avoided so that the blood can coagulate around transplanted hairs? Other things I read is it reduces inflammation and speeds up healing. 

Edited by baldingbosnian

There is no surprise to take Aspirin after a hair transplant. Normally the first wash is 24 to 72 so if healing is proper especially after DHI or FUE, this tablet increases the blood circulation. Usually hair transplant surgeons prescribe it where dense packing procedure is performed or patient has less vascularity. Iff some hair transplant surgeon has experience to increase more vascular supply after the procedure, there should be no surprise. 
As far as blood thinner prolonged healing or as you mentioned blood clotting, It is my personal experience as well, healing is almost complete in 24 to 48 hours after DHI or follicular unit extraction with punch size 0.8 mm or less in size. 
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan