Wearing a hat after a hair transplant

Hi folks,

I was just wondering, can you "overwear" a hat after a hair transplant? I know that 14 days post op you can wear a hat no problem as long as it is not too tight.

But is there any consequences if you are wearing a hat too much? like everyday for work, more than 8h a day for example or there is no issue doing so ?

Just wondering since I have been wearing a hat at work at the office most of the time.

@Youth_Again,

I’m not sure where you change this information however, To be honest, you can actually wear a loose fitting hat immediately after hair transplant surgery. You don’t have to wait 14 days. After a week to 10 days, you can wear a snug fitting hat without any problems.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

I bought a XL bucket hat from Amazon...very loose. Wore that in public as needed starting on  2nd day, It covers both donor and recipient areas. Make sure you have a few button down shirts for the 1st week....trying to delicately put on tshirt is risky IMO