Worried About Upcoming Surgery

Hi guys,

I'm scheduled for surgery with Couto next month, November. I'm worried the outcome may turn out bad. I read about youth_again's experience and I want to know what are the chances for a bad procedure. I'm very nervous here so its a natural feeling.

Its understood that Couto is a great doctor but I still have doubts even in this late stage of the game. But when i read about posts about patient's bad experiences I get shaken up. Would you guys tell me what are the chances for a bad versus good outcome?

No one can tell you chances. It just doesn't work that way.

I created a similar thread about my own anxieties before my procedure, as have countless others, and it seems that we all eventually realize that we're taking a leap of faith in having the procedure. Like all things in life, there is some risk. You could end up with a bad result and/or other complications.

However, if you're a good candidate, and you go to a reputable clinic with reasonable expectations, and then carefully follow all pre- and post-operative care instructions, the odds are definitely in your favor.

Edited by gaz9318054

Please direct medical questions to medical professionals.

NW3, Dr. Rahal, FUE, 3,000 grafts, Summer 2023

Getting a hair transplant is gambling with your confidence.

Most people that go to hairmills get some form of decent/mediocre growth/result with mild-moderate donor damage, but the major factor of going to hair mills is that the chances of getting the worst case butcher scenario is too high for anyones liking. Going to a elite doctor like Couto drastically reduces the chances of donor damage and incorrect placements/angles and other negative factors like cobblestoning/pitting, but also almost completely removes large scale donor damage and outcomes like necrosis.

But remember, you are gambling with your confidence here. I was one of the unlucky ones that did their research, chose a surgeon that I believe was the top of the top without budget/geographical limitations, and I am so far very unhappy with my result (10.5 months in).

As much as getting your hair back can lift years off your appearance and bring back tons of renewed confidence. A disappointing transplant does the opposite and in my experience reinforces your insecurities and destroys your confidence.

All I can say is that you stacked the cards to your favour as much as possible, doesn't mean your going to win, but your more likely too win than someone getting a transplant for 1000 Euro in Turkey.

• Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022