Bruno Ferriera | NW 5a | 3173 Graft | FUE

Hi ,

Bruno Ferriera

3173 grafts

30 years old

FUE

NW 5a

1mg Fin EOD 2.5mg Oral minox daily

Been lurking on this forum for a year or so and have been researching beforehand. 

i started balding early i’d say around 27. At first it the usual balding as in few hair on pillow , and few hair in shower, however almost two years ago my hair fall picked up very quickly. From seeing few hair on my pillow when waking up to a whole bunch as well as in the shower. Looking back and realising how far i have come. 

i wish i had known about finasteride when i was balding. I got on finasteride quite late when my hairloss got really bad i will add the first pics i took to send to dr ferrieras assitant alexandra at that time

69401154-59FD-4D4A-AD99-4D32CFE512EF.jpeg

D374E8EE-5F34-4CF9-AC00-DF31BC399D5B.jpeg

C13EEE05-23AD-4DC1-8204-4225686661AD.jpeg

52D2AEFC-93C8-49D5-9DC2-688E93DEF44A.jpeg

CE79B0E2-322E-48C2-87A5-0E7EDB8085E3.jpeg

941E79A1-E068-41C2-8BB9-DA58D45AF221.jpeg

Edited by Shaykhspeare

SURGERY DAY

Dr bruno ferrieras assistants were phenomenal very polite and accomodating. Took few pics and then drew the hair line 

i was on oral finasteride and topical minox atleast a year before my hair transplant so it made my donor area very solid. I have attached few pics 

1D62EC55-B78B-48B7-9BEE-B27BED2119D8.jpeg

EEB62249-58FE-46E6-9058-939B83DC19AF.jpeg

625FEDED-8E30-4378-877C-50A32F903775.jpeg

12931520-C4F9-419B-A3FB-DD8EA178CEFC.jpeg

4C7EB070-5D98-472D-9081-56AAD5F9F1C2.jpeg

31F0991F-D3C7-41C7-BEA9-9792AFFDBC2A.jpeg

B6FAC8CE-AAE4-4099-B93A-050F24827E25.jpeg

D0F6CF92-A0A4-4D1B-B8D1-96A85B17F373.jpeg

5D6FE8C0-CF53-4FF3-9531-B128976571FB.jpeg

One of the biggest factors that played in for me choosing dr ferriera was that he does everything himself plus his results are solid as well ass my surgery was split into two days 21st and 22nd september 2022. I decided to document my HT after a whole year 

ARRIVAL

I stayed in espinho and it was quite warm. The walk from the hotel to the clinic was around 15 mins which was good as i hardly go for a run back home. I done the blood tests done in the UK through NHS ( for free ) so saved me some money. The hotel i chose had a takesaway right next to my hotel which was very convenient 

SURGERY DAY

Arrival was 7am sharp and i have never been on time for anything in my life except on 21st of  september i was right at the door at 7am and dr ferrieras assistant welcomed me and asked if i had ate anything and i said no. He then came with a juice and some cookies

the assitants were amazing with everything. Ricardo went above and beyond even though i couldn’t understand a word they were saying but i could tell they were happy and the room had a really good vibe

After getting into my surgery gown dr ferriera came in and we spoke about what i wanted and then he took me into another room for pics and for the hairline design.

he spent few mins drawing the hairline and asked if im happy and he kept re-drawing until i was happy we also decided to lower the hair line centre point by 1cm. 

after getting the design done i was taken into the operating room where the assistant gave me meds before the surgery and checked my blood pressure. The local anesthesia felt strange as it was my first time ever however dr bruno told me we will top it up as soon as it runs out or if you feel anything. The clinic was top notch , could tell you had to spend alot of money to get anything done in here

i had my own lounge/room where i could take lunch breaks

there was a screen next to the bed that had real time info like how many grafts hairs and a picture of my hair pre op.

as soon as the surgery started i fell asleep which made time go quicker and when i woke up it was lunch time

in the menu they had alot of things however due to only eating halal i went for fish , potatoes with some soup which was amazing

On the first day 1554 grafts were implanted

At the end of the first day which i finished around 17:00/17:30 and before leaving i got goodies from the clinic which included aloe vera gel saline spray and was told to spray saline every hour or so. I had carried an umbrella with me to save myself from the sun as it was still sunny in espinho in september and yes people did look but i’d rather care about what is best for me

i was on oral finasteride and topical minox atleast a year before my hair transplant so it made my donor area very solid.

Day 2 

Arrived at the clinic around 7am and was welcomed by ricardo. He took me to the lounge where i got changed and was waiting for the doctor as i was told he is slightly late. Fast forward doctor arrives and i was taken into the operating room to get my blood pressure done and the medication before i lay down. 

surgery began and then lunch time again i ordered fish , potatoes with some soup and then back to the surgery. We concluded the surgery with a total of 3173 grafts which was done by around 16:30. Before i left the clinic i got few goodies again which was saline spray aloe vera gel to put on the sides where grafts were extracted from and a neck pillow 

After flying home dr bruno and his team did not disappoint it was like im still in espinho or they flew with me because they were constantly in touch asking to send it photos or i’ll send them photos anytime i had a question with a response in no time. 

now im booked for my second surgery with dr bruno ferriera for the 12th and the 13th of october and will update on here with a 2nd topic

3AD3E82E-4AB2-4F81-99F7-EA6B2E339966.jpeg

0D9AC07E-F08C-47CE-8BB1-D2E8DC55D20C.jpeg

5F409D6F-EF1E-47F1-A16A-F4C59822A5F8.jpeg

4C3A3046-3085-4D35-A0D9-A2B1ED341CB6.jpeg

E9353021-D31B-451E-8F2B-33CB6EAEF44D.jpeg

A7443E60-3F1A-4643-BB80-909E019EE9E3.jpeg

Edited by Shaykhspeare
Adding/removing

The hairline work looks great, the growth on the midscalp is missing but you cannot really judge from these photos. You have long hair with combover as you are trying to hide the baldness on the midscalp. Can you post some photos with the hair on one direction to the front?

Honestly…this is freaking great! Considering your starting point, it is  super dense and the hairline is really natural. As another poster mentioned, it’s hard to see your mid scalp here so could you perhaps comb your fringe down and take another pic? Great result nevertheless and another transplant will be future transformative for you no doubt.

9 hours ago, jjalay said:

The hairline work looks great, the growth on the midscalp is missing but you cannot really judge from these photos. You have long hair with combover as you are trying to hide the baldness on the midscalp. Can you post some photos with the hair on one direction to the front?

Yes i have posted as thats exactly what i wasnt so sure about so had to come on here

7 hours ago, streethawk said:

Honestly…this is freaking great! Considering your starting point, it is  super dense and the hairline is really natural. As another poster mentioned, it’s hard to see your mid scalp here so could you perhaps comb your fringe down and take another pic? Great result nevertheless and another transplant will be future transformative for you no doubt.

Thats exactly why i went to dr bruno to get the natural hairline and i was not disappointed however the frontal region growth kind of makes me think about my growth and i have added more pics

The first one is taken outside not the best because its cloudy outside and second two are taken under harsh lighting

dr bruno ferriera’s guarantee’s his hair transplant of 90% growth as well however in my opinion im slightly behind due to the midscalp

24576E08-8641-4464-8C3A-962BDA651E2D.jpeg

21838185-DA67-48C4-A74F-0FDC69D6F4D3.jpeg

B9BABD98-9B2F-436E-B353-9930C25CB069.jpeg

11 minutes ago, jjalay said:

Yes i agree that the growth at the midscalp is suboptimal. The question is, are you happy with these results? If not are you planing a second surgery?

I will be honest, im not happy with the growth in the frontal region. Im in love with the hair line however as dr bruno guarantees 90% of the growth i dont think its a bad outcome however i wont say im happy. I have to be honest with myself and everybody else. 

20 minutes ago, Shaykhspeare said:

I will be honest, im not happy with the growth in the frontal region. Im in love with the hair line however as dr bruno guarantees 90% of the growth i dont think its a bad outcome however i wont say im happy. I have to be honest with myself and everybody else. 

20 minutes ago, Shaykhspeare said:

Have you talked to the doctor about your results?

Apologies of you've mentioned this ready, but are you on medication?

Do you have an idea of your remaining donor capacity?

I'd say that either you've lost ground, particularly in the midscalp or you didn't get fantastic growth there.

In reality, you needed 5-6k grafts for complete coverage but feel it may have been better to go for lower density and more coverage.

You are better than before, but the outcome is not the one you should get and it seems that you have lower yield and survival of grafts in some parts. The doctor did not offer you free procedure for the lower growth ?

3 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Apologies of you've mentioned this ready, but are you on medication?

Do you have an idea of your remaining donor capacity?

I'd say that either you've lost ground, particularly in the midscalp or you didn't get fantastic growth there.

In reality, you needed 5-6k grafts for complete coverage but feel it may have been better to go for lower density and more coverage.

Yes , im on fin and min since two years 

i asked and i forgot what the dr told me i will ask him again for round 2 and obviously as i mentioned the growth is 90% for their hair transplant

2 hours ago, BaldGuy said:

You are better than before, but the outcome is not the one you should get and it seems that you have lower yield and survival of grafts in some parts. The doctor did not offer you free procedure for the lower growth ?

Yes you are 100% correct. I emailed them and the doctor mentioned its completely normal however i will bring it up again when i go in few days

their guaranteed growth is 90% however this is definitely lower than 90% 

6 hours ago, Shaykhspeare said:

Yes you are 100% correct. I emailed them and the doctor mentioned its completely normal however i will bring it up again when i go in few days

their guaranteed growth is 90% however this is definitely lower than 90% 

so dr Fereira said you thats completely normal to have lower yield?? I dont think thats an ethical response...Also i cant understand why he charges so expensive his hair transplants when he cant guarantee the high yield of grafts and he doesnt even offer a free repair?

Looks great. Don’t think you had a poor yield in the mid-scalp, it’s just fewer grafts in a very bald area. The post-op pics show the  mid-scalp had lower density implanted compared to the hairline.

Edited by Tiger2050