Finasteride + minoxidil topical mixture - questions/concerns

mrmajified

Hello all,

I've been using Minoxidilmax DualGen-15 With PG Plus for about 2-3 years now without any side effects that I'm aware of. I have read they possibly use lower grade ingredients that may have cross-contamination in the lab it's formulated in, and have heard of a few people having some side effects and needing to discontinue use. My doctor recently prescribed me a mixture of finasteride (0.1%) and minoxidil (5%). The biggest difference between what I was prescribed vs what I was already using is the minoxidil concentration (current 15%, new 5%). They are both liquids, but my new prescription also doesn't have Azelaic acid (5%), ABN Complex (0.8%), retinol (0.025%), caffeine (0.001%). 

What I'm worried about:
Going from 15% to 5% minoxidil. I have read there doesn't appear to be much benefit at higher concentrations than 5%, but I am worried about some shock loss by reducing to 1/3 of the dose my body is used to. 
The additional ingredients in the Minoxidilmax product may have some benefit in the delivery into the body. My new prescription doesn't have these ingredients. 
I had a hair transplant 4 months ago and am concerned about changing what seems to already be working. I don't want to lose what I've been so patient to obtain.

My questions:
Should I be worried about the change in minoxidil dosing? Perhaps I should order minoxidil on it's own at 5% and use it once a day on top of my new prescription?
Would there be any benefit anyone is aware of with the additional ingredients in the Minoxidilmax product? My doctor doesn't seem to think so, but she's not a hair expert. My hair transplant doctor (Dr.Wong) recommended Xyon, but his partner (Dr.Hasson) is one of the creators of the product so there is some vested interest there. I don't feel like I can talk to him about my new prescription.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.