Is it wise to return to same surgeon for repair?

I've seen a few people returning to the same surgeon who did their HT which they weren't happy with. Namely the guy who went back to Eugenix.

In general, I see that it may be the most cost effective if the surgeon agrees to have a second bash at it so to speak, but is it generally wise to do so? Even among highly rated surgeons?

• Valued Contributor

@TheManeMan

It depends on how much confident you are with the clinic/surgeon...and it also depends on what was lacking? If there is some growth issues which can happen naturally than its fine to go back and do a touch up or if the failure was there due to some other natural things...but if its a big disaster than have to think twice about this....so it depends on your confidence in your surgeon as well as your condition after the first intervention and the reasons and degree of failure..

Edited by A_4_Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

A few things to consider.  If you had an issue the first time, for whatever reason, why would you go back to the same group?  That would be my first inclination.  But you also have to consider what exactly the issue is.  Lack of density?  Too low a hairline?  If it's a minor issue - sure.  It's likely you will not be charged for the service.  Going to someone new will surely cost more.  And there's more than goes into this.

If you go to a new group, they are now involved and somewhat responsible.  The patient could very well blame this new doctor as well.  It's up to that particular doctor to agree or not to.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

On 9/17/2023 at 6:07 PM, TheManeMan said:

I've seen a few people returning to the same surgeon who did their HT which they weren't happy with. Namely the guy who went back to Eugenix.

In general, I see that it may be the most cost effective if the surgeon agrees to have a second bash at it so to speak, but is it generally wise to do so? Even among highly rated surgeons?

People go back to the same clinic because of money reasons (because the clinic is doing it pro bono).

Normally, if you are dissatisfied with a hair transplant, it doesn't really make sense to go back to the clinic who didn't do it right the first time.  That's generally common sense, unless the clinic pinpoints exactly what went wrong and can guarantee that it won't happen again (which they would never do).