What color does dyed hair appear after hair transplantation?

holec7

34 minutes ago, holec7 said:

i've been thinking about that,but couldn't the answer properly,can someone enlighten me

Its natural colour. The hair is shaved before extraction so you may end up with the end of the hair being the dyed colour. However, it'll shed and grow back naturally coloured shortly afterwards anyway 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Its natural colour. The hair is shaved before extraction so you may end up with the end of the hair being the dyed colour. However, it'll shed and grow back naturally coloured shortly afterwards anyway 

i thought like that but just wanted to confirm it,Thanks

@holec7,

hair transplant surgery works on the principle known as donor dominance. In other words, the properties of each  transplanting has retains its properties from its origin.  So whatever natural color The hair would have been in the donor region, it would also be in the recipient area when it grows in.

As far as dyed hair, it really doesn’t matter what color you died it. Because when it grows back in, it will retain its natural color from its origin. Of course, you can always dye your hair again to the color you choose after it grows in.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.