Recovery question?

Are my thoughts correct on this? So I am planning to get fue procedure to restore frontal 3rd and recession. I am planning on taking 6 months of work off because I don’t want people to know I had it done as I can cover my hair loss. Obviously the hairline in the first 6 months exposes the most as far as having work done appearing obvious. Regarding future loss… let’s say I need work done in my mid scalp or crown if I took off a couple weeks to avoid being in public due to scabs it wouldn’t be as obvious other than having to shave my head. Is this correct in saying that your first initial procedure for hairline is the most obvious and then after than it’s less obvious? 

It depends on the extent of your loss.

My first procedure was fairly easy to spot for the first month or two due to shedding.

My second (partial shave FUE), I'd say within 3 weeks you couldn't tell at all. I had work done to refine my hairline and add density to the midscalp and crown.

Here's my head 3 weeks post:IMG_20230521_172826.thumb.jpg.8c93f4baa6c0004d510216b7d5b05407.jpg

Edited by BackFromTheBrink

On 9/1/2023 at 5:43 PM, Recession1 said:

Are my thoughts correct on this? So I am planning to get fue procedure to restore frontal 3rd and recession. I am planning on taking 6 months of work off because I don’t want people to know I had it done as I can cover my hair loss. Obviously the hairline in the first 6 months exposes the most as far as having work done appearing obvious. Regarding future loss… let’s say I need work done in my mid scalp or crown if I took off a couple weeks to avoid being in public due to scabs it wouldn’t be as obvious other than having to shave my head. Is this correct in saying that your first initial procedure for hairline is the most obvious and then after than it’s less obvious? 

6 months of work? How is this even possible without losing your job?

• Valued Contributor

If it bothers you what your colleagues think I would shave your head before the surgery and get them used to the look. Then two weeks post op you will look the same. But remember that you are doing this for you and in those six months they will have forgotten about your hair anyway. In fact 99% of people are so self focused that they may not even pick it up. No one picked up my first surgery. All the best!

Absolutely agree with that. What amazed me was how little attention people really pay to your head/hair.

I was expecting lots of questions from people during the first few months and even more when it'd grown out. 

In reality, I only had one person (my mum!) who immediately noticed and a couple who suspected and openly asked whether I'd had work done afterwards.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
15 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Absolutely agree with that. What amazed me was how little attention people really pay to your head/hair.

I was expecting lots of questions from people during the first few months and even more when it'd grown out. 

In reality, I only had one person (my mum!) who immediately noticed and a couple who suspected and openly asked whether I'd had work done afterwards.

Yep. I told my best friend at work and we wanted to see how many of the 'people we have to work with - sigh' would notice. None of them noticed and they all love gossip so we would have known. All I got after six months from lady was 'You should keep your hair grown out because it looks much better than shaved!' 😁

• Haha 1