Infection during post-op period

I pretty much know the answer to this but wondering if anyone has gone through the same.

3 weeks into my HT post op, I had this really bad sore throat infection. Just terrible. I stopped finasteride for 3 days while on antibiotics to let my body recover in case DHT helps with immune system, idk. I don’t like the idea of taking non-essential drugs while I am suffering from such nasty infection, was scared of getting pneumonia. 

Has anyone gotten some (unrelated to scalp) infection during your immediate post op period and came out happy without it affecting your results? 

I hope not but it really wouldn’t be surprising if this affected my result. The quality of my hairs degraded ( they are so shiny usually) and transplanted hairs shed which were happily growing before this infection. Hopefully just stress hairloss but maybe some died since the body doesn’t really care about hairs when you’re fighting this bad of an infection lol

Anyone with a similar experience with a happy story to tell?

• Like 1

I was diagnosed with strep throat (septic throat infection) immediately after my 2nd HT procedure and post-op I was really sick with high fever…I was in bed for a week and my doctor put me on a strong antibiotic…did it have any negative affect on my procedure?…no, at least none that I noticed regarding healing, regrowth, etc…I think you are going to be fine as well, best wishes to you.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

18 hours ago, gillenator said:

I was diagnosed with strep throat (septic throat infection) immediately after my 2nd HT procedure and post-op I was really sick with high fever…I was in bed for a week and my doctor put me on a strong antibiotic…did it have any negative affect on my procedure?…no, at least none that I noticed regarding healing, regrowth, etc…I think you are going to be fine as well, best wishes to you.

Odd coincidence, it was my second op too. 

Thanks that is re-assuring. Will see in few months time 

I’m 8 days post procedure and my throat has been sore for 2 days. I just took a covid test and discovered I have covid. I didn’t catch it in 3.5 years but the one week after my procedure I catch it, of course. I called the clinic and thankfully they said it won’t have an effect on results and it’s happened before several times, but I can’t seem to catch a break this week.

• Wow 1

8 minutes ago, Savemyhairline said:

I’m 8 days post procedure and my throat has been sore for 2 days. I just took a covid test and discovered I have covid. I didn’t catch it in 3.5 years but the one week after my procedure I catch it, of course. I called the clinic and thankfully they said it won’t have an effect on results and it’s happened before several times, but I can’t seem to catch a break this week.

Oh man! That’s horrible. My best wishes for you. 

Just now, Turkhair said:

Oh man! That’s horrible. My best wishes for you. 

Thanks brother. Honestly my symptoms aren’t awful, mostly just annoying, but it’s like right after my donor areas finally stopped burning everyday and I couldn’t sleep for a week, boom now this. I was honestly way more worried about this harming my results because it’s so soon after my procedure but they reassured me it won’t.

Good gosh, so sorry to hear you caught COVID…I caught it in the hospital last fall when I had hernia surgery and my wife got it too, from the hospital…boy were we sick!

Wish you well in your recovery and your results.

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY