Why Can’t Doctors Implant Strands of Hairs?

15 hours ago, Will_the_way said:

Because they would slide right out of your scalp, and they would never grow. 

Do we need them to grow? Can’t they basically just function as a wig that is your own hair and won’t come off since it’s surgically implanted? 

I’ve acknowledged it’s an unconventional question, but if we never ask these sorts of questions, we’ll never make progress in hair restoration. 

Edited by Fox243

2 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Do we need them to grow? Can’t they basically just function as a wig that is your own hair and won’t come off since it’s surgically implanted? 

I’ve acknowledged it’s an unconventional question, but if we never ask these sorts of questions, we’ll never make progress in hair restoration. 

Like I mentioned, they’d slide right out of any incision you make for them. There is no follicle to take root. Our scalp doesn’t work like a wig cap

What happens when your body gets a splinter, or a thorn?  It dissolves it.  The body is very good at noticing when something is inside it that shouldn't be.  What happens to an ingrown hair? The body gets rid of it.

If you managed to get a hair stuck in your head that didn't aggravate the body in any way, it would be very loose, and just trying to comb the hair would pull it out.  If you used any method of actually attaching it, the body would consider it a dangerous substance and remove it.

• Like 1

Check out my journey here: