Is it normal to lose grafts (not hair!)after 5 weeks

I was feeling my head and when I pulled my hand away there was a small rice shaped pellet with two hairs through the middle of it!!! I felt around more and came away with another! This was in one sitting, I wonder how many came out when I sleep or am not feeling my head?!?! Is it normal for a few grafts to fall out, especially at 5 weeks? Will more follow?

I was feeling my head and when I pulled my hand away there was a small rice shaped pellet with two hairs through the middle of it!!! I felt around more and came away with another! This was in one sitting, I wonder how many came out when I sleep or am not feeling my head?!?! Is it normal for a few grafts to fall out, especially at 5 weeks? Will more follow?

Hey there,

Im in exactly the same boat as you. I am on week 6 right now, and almost all of my grafts made a mass exodus last week. From what I understand (and if i'm wrong, people plz correct me) the hair folicles shed the DNA into the recipient area for the first couple weeks that it is in there, and then the hair that is ejected is more of a dead shell. And, i think that the 5 week marker is fully normal to see the shedding.