How long does post op care last? Does being exposed to chemicals affect results?

How many months does post op care last before you can return to normal activities? Such as going outside under the sun, painting house walls, being exposed to chemicals, solvents, etc. 

Does being exposed to chemicals affect results?

• Valued Contributor

@Sunset Dune

After 10 days your grafts are welk secured and nothing can directly effect it other than a surgery but scalp takes more time to get completely healed and there can be a chance of infection and inflammation if you don't take care of that...its just that you have to take care that your scalp don't catch up anything as such and for that it doesn't require too much of care or effort...keeping it clean and hygienic and don't leting it hit hard is what you need to do for around 3/4 months in usual scenarios....exposing your scalp for too long under the sun may cause irritation/infection if the skin is sensitive or the scalp is not healed so wearing a hat would be better...but doing wall paints i think will be fine unless you let the chemicals and solvents touch your scalp and you can use hats or bandana while doing it...i hope this helps you ..

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023