How common is shock loss in recipient area? And how common is permanent shock loss in recipient area?

I've been quoted a max 700 graft HT too add some density in my hair. I've obviously been told that there's a worse case where my native hair never grow back after surgery. Is it common to have permanent shock loss? I've been told I don't have MPB (by different doctors and no family history) but to be extra safe, Finesteride may save me from shock loss during recovery.

Would be great to hear everyone's experience 

• Valued Contributor

@singhtemporary shock loss is more common while permanent shock loss isn't...though you may find some cases if you dig deep and there are some factors which results in that....and yeah medication ofcourse can help you with this .....

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

If a hair follicle is healthy and does not show miniaturization, the risk of permanent shock loss is minimal, provided that the surgeon knows what they are doing and they don't just plug the graft on top of a healthy hair follicle. 

In general, I caution against messing with healthy hair, as you may end up with a hairline that looks much thinner compared to your native density behind it. 

4 hours ago, StillAlive said:

If a hair follicle is healthy and does not show miniaturization, the risk of permanent shock loss is minimal, provided that the surgeon knows what they are doing and they don't just plug the graft on top of a healthy hair follicle. 

In general, I caution against messing with healthy hair, as you may end up with a hairline that looks much thinner compared to your native density behind it. 

I have traction alopecia, which thinned my hairline significantly. I'm tired of styling it everyday to look good, my only concern is shock loss in the current hair