What would you do?

Giles

Hi,

I am 34 years old and I suffer from receding hairline. My hair also look very thin.

I'm also taking "SanaExpert Haar Forte", which contains some nutrients good for hair. I've finished the first pack but I don't see much difference.

I was thinking about having an hair transplant. What do you think? But more importantly, would it last?

2023-07-26-133017.jpg

2023-07-26-133031.jpg

2023-07-26-133042.jpg

• Valued Contributor

@Giles considering your age,baldness and hair caliber (though pics can be deceiving) you seems to be a good candidate of HT....i don't know about the medication you are taking but there is no strong evidence that this type of medication works so i would advise you to consult a good doctor and get on to medication which really works for hairloss...you should get on minoxidil and finasteride which will help you to make your hairs fuller amd thicker and will also help you to stabilise/slow down your hairloss progression ...this thing is extremely important when you are considering a HT...Stabilising hairloss progression is must because if you don't do that than you will implant new hairs but you will keep on loosing existing ones and thats how you will keep on chasing them...

The transplanted hairs ofcourse lasts as they are taken from the safe zone ..this means those hairs are very less likely to succumb to DHT which is a primary factor of hairloss ...i hope this helps you ..best of luck..

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Valued Contributor
48 minutes ago, Giles said:

Thank you @A_4_Archan. I have a question. If I have a hair transplant will the doctor give me the medication, right?

You welcome brother ....generally doctor will give you medication for 1week to 10 days like antibiotics ,anti inflammatory ,steroids and some sleeping pills which helps with recovery and healing process...but medication like finasteride and minoxidil has to be baught by you only...

• Like 1

--> My Thread

You can find them at this website. Make sure you do your research and pick a reputable doctor. 

• Like 1

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

• Valued Contributor
12 hours ago, Giles said:

I see, thank you @A_4_Archan. I already found a clinic to contact. Do you know where I can find real reviews? Because I feel most reviews found by googling are fake.

You can check out real patient reviews on this forum itself...there are patient reviews of most of the good doctors...which doc you have chosen?

--> My Thread

13 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

You can check out real patient reviews on this forum itself...there are patient reviews of most of the good doctors...which doc you have chosen?

Alright, I'll have a look thanks. I was thinking about the Hair Palace clinics

• Valued Contributor
26 minutes ago, Giles said:

Alright, I'll have a look thanks. I was thinking about the Hair Palace clinics

You welcome ...didn't know about the clinic you mentioned and i don't think you can find patient reviews about that clinic on any forums..though you can try digging dip into the internet ad see if you can find some....

--> My Thread

8 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

You welcome ...didn't know about the clinic you mentioned and i don't think you can find patient reviews about that clinic on any forums..though you can try digging dip into the internet ad see if you can find some....

Actually, I found a very good review for that clinic on this forum 😃