Hair transplantation suggestion

Hi everyone!!

Good morning. This is Maddy and I am 42 old living in USA. I have been loosing hair last 12 years and looks like I am in NW5 stage. I haven’t used any medication so far. I have been following this forum for quite sometime and looking to get hair transplantation in turkey. I have reached out to couple clinics and got the evaluation done on my case. Below is the list of doctors I have reached out. Most of the doctors suggested with 3500 grafts for frontal and mid scalp area not covering crown.

Dr. Gur

Dr. Yaman 

DrT

Dr. Pekiner

Dr. Kesar

Dr. Bicer

HLC

I have pretty good donor area from the evaluation. Here are the few pics 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_3932.jpeg

IMG_3931.jpeg

IMG_3934.jpeg

IMG_3935.jpeg

IMG_3937.jpeg

IMG_3938.jpeg

IMG_3871.jpeg

Hi, it seems you have thick hair and good results are expected. However, your pics did not show distance between one hair to another in the donor area ( density). You may say the number of grafts in 1 sq. cm. If your density is good , 3000 to 4000 grafts can be extracted easily. Normally frontal zones require 2500 grafts for a reasonable density. Mid scalp 1000 to 1500 and crown need 2000 to 2500 routinely. Exceptions are always there , depending upon the density. 3000 to 3500 grafts can be extracted and placed in one day and some doctors split into two days. All doctors gave you a good evaluation. Go ahead wherever you feel comfortable after your research. 

For me, I will split it into two procedures. First procedure will be the frontal half of the head. Second procedure for crown area one year later. This way we can extract a good number of grafts in the second session. Two sessions will cover your whole baldness area. You can also have the opportunity to make any point in the first procedure result. 
Third option is to combine scalp donor area + beard donor area and maximum coverage. 

There are chances you will also lose your existing hair in future so reserve some grafts for future sessions. It may take a few years. 

Edited by AhmadChaudhry

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan 

2 minutes ago, AhmadChaudhry said:

3000 to 3500 grafts can be extracted and placed in one day and some doctors split into two days. All doctors gave you a good evaluation. Go ahead wherever you feel comfortable after your research. 

I'd agree. I has slightly more loss but also was a NW5. I had 3100 and 2500 grafts in 2 sessions.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

From your list if you are on budget than dr gur is good...and if not dr pekiner is better...and if your budget is around 3.5 euros per graft than you can also look at dr de freitas ,dr pinto 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

2 hours ago, AhmadChaudhry said:

Hi, it seems you have thick hair and good results are expected. However, your pics did not show distance between one hair to another in the donor area ( density). You may say the number of grafts in 1 sq. cm. If your density is good , 3000 to 4000 grafts can be extracted easily. Normally frontal zones require 2500 grafts for a reasonable density. Mid scalp 1000 to 1500 and crown need 2000 to 2500 routinely. Exceptions are always there , depending upon the density. 3000 to 3500 grafts can be extracted and placed in one day and some doctors split into two days. All doctors gave you a good evaluation. Go ahead wherever you feel comfortable after your research. 

For me, I will split it into two procedures. First procedure will be the frontal half of the head. Second procedure for crown area one year later. This way we can extract a good number of grafts in the second session. Two sessions will cover your whole baldness area. You can also have the opportunity to make any point in the first procedure result. 
Third option is to combine scalp donor area + beard donor area and maximum coverage. 

There are chances you will also lose your existing hair in future so reserve some grafts for future sessions. It may take a few years. 

@AhmadChaudhry Thanks for the reply. I am also looking to get 1st transplantation with 3500 grafts to cover frontal and mid scalp. I will think about 2nd session later in the future.

8 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

From your list if you are on budget than dr gur is good...and if not dr pekiner is better...and if your budget is around 3.5 euros per graft than you can also look at dr de freitas ,dr pinto 

@A_4_Archan I checked with Dr. Gur and they have availability in August which works for me. However it is one day procedure for 3500 grafts with motorized extraction. I checked with them on manual extraction with 2 days procedure which is not an option. I also reached out to Pekiner but there is no availability at least for couple months.

As doctors suggested to start taking Finasteride before transplantation, I just started using it and its been a month. Should I wait at least few months to see the results and go for hair transplantation or Is it ok to move with surgery while taking finasteride.

It takes a true year to confirm what exactly the meds will do.  Within the first few weeks, however, you should be able to notice less shedding.  I would be inclined to give it a year but it all depends on what approach you're planning on taking. 

Donor limitation often drives this industry.  There's typically not enough available to allow for density in the front, top and back.  It's for this reason most doctors will concentrate their initial efforts towards the front.  It's the area you see when you look at yourself.  It's also the area others see when they interact with you.  So, if it's the front that's bothering you, by all means, you can do both at the same time.  But, if it's the crown area that's bothering you, I'd wait.

Think of the crown as a circular area.  You fill it.  Because you've shown the propensity to lose, you  continue losing.  You go on to lose all the native hair around the island worth of hair.  You've now created a target area and an unnatural pattern.  Retention, before working the area, is imperative.  

• Like 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

I'm curious why you want to go to Turkey for a HT if you live in the US? If cost is the factor making you look at Turkey, why aren't you also considering India (Eugenix, for example) or Brazil (Dr Felipe Pittella)? 

25 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

I'm curious why you want to go to Turkey for a HT if you live in the US? If cost is the factor making you look at Turkey, why aren't you also considering India (Eugenix, for example) or Brazil (Dr Felipe Pittella)? 

Based on research and reviews Turkey has highly successful doctors with very affordable prices. Eugenix in India has different packages where the price is very high ($3 per graft) with senior and doctor involvement is minimal. 

• Valued Contributor

@Maddy_Leo this is a lifetime procedure and once done can't be undone and your donor is also finite ....don't let the convenience factor be a reason to choose a surgeon...good doctors have long waiting list and thats a positive when you look for a doctor ...you have been managing your situation from so many years and i think you can manage for few more months so choose a doctor whom you like to most rather than who is available on your dates....

Pekiner is a good surgeon and worth waiting for...and you can consult de freitas ,dr pinto ,dr Ferreira,Eugenix clinic and dr pittela 

--> My Thread

4 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

@Maddy_Leo this is a lifetime procedure and once done can't be undone and your donor is also finite ....don't let the convenience factor be a reason to choose a surgeon...good doctors have long waiting list and thats a positive when you look for a doctor ...you have been managing your situation from so many years and i think you can manage for few more months so choose a doctor whom you like to most rather than who is available on your dates....

Pekiner is a good surgeon and worth waiting for...and you can consult de freitas ,dr pinto ,dr Ferreira,Eugenix clinic and dr pittela 

Thanks for the suggestions. I reached out to Eugenix and they evaluated for 5500 grafts covering everything. It has different packages and expensive. In All the packages doctor involvement is only initial consultation and hairline design. Most of the procedure will be done by experienced technicians.

15 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

Budget is also another factor. Dr Gur with VIP package(1.5 Euro/graft) is good option to consider.

• Valued Contributor
9 hours ago, Maddy_Leo said:

Budget is also another factor. Dr Gur with VIP package(1.5 Euro/graft) is good option to consider.

Yeh doctor gur is good option at that price rage....he is an ethical surgeon as well who is producing decent results..you can also consider dr kongkiat laorwong in this price range ...dr gur/dr laorwong are best value for money options imo..i will share one list of doctors who are around this price range whom you can consider 

1 to 2 euros per graft - dr kongkiat laorwong ,dr gur, dr turan ,dr demirsoy ,dr michalis georgiou ,dr patty,dr yaman, dr christina (hdc clinic),dr Espinosa (medecap clinic),dr fares seffen, dr. ibrahim jebai, Choiexpert,

Don't take the above list as face value and look at it just as a source of information regarding the names of some good surgeons to do consultations with..This list is based on my knowledge and preferences and there are many other good surgeons/clinics which i may be not knowing or didn't see enough results from them and hence are not in this list..and for that you can do your research and take opinions of other members as well...i hope this helps you ..best of luck....

--> My Thread

3 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

Yeh doctor gur is good option at that price rage....he is an ethical surgeon as well who is producing decent results..you can also consider dr kongkiat laorwong in this price range ...dr gur/dr laorwong are best value for money options imo..i will share one list of doctors who are around this price range whom you can consider 

1 to 2 euros per graft - dr kongkiat laorwong ,dr gur, dr turan ,dr demirsoy ,dr michalis georgiou ,dr patty,dr yaman, dr christina (hdc clinic),dr Espinosa (medecap clinic),dr fares seffen, dr. ibrahim jebai, Choiexpert,

Don't take the above list as face value and look at it just as a source of information regarding the names of some good surgeons to do consultations with..This list is based on my knowledge and preferences and there are many other good surgeons/clinics which i may be not knowing or didn't see enough results from them and hence are not in this list..and for that you can do your research and take opinions of other members as well...i hope this helps you ..best of luck....

Thanks for sharing valuable information. I am considering Turkey or India for now. I will explore other doctors and see what works for me. 

6 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

dr nader, dr espinosa custodio (mexico)

bogota hairlines colombia

Thanks for sharing other great doctors closest to USA. I will explore and see what works for me.

Hey man

You’re going to be in for a gigantic surprise when you learn how much your result is not going the way you expected and it looks pretty similar to other (subpar) doctors patients and even like hairmills.

So an unpopular opinion but out of the list you mentioned you can go to any doctor and will come out looking the same.

I wish this is knowledge I had. I spent a fortune and guess what I can’t even look myself in the mirror. I hate looking at my head because there are gaps and I want more density. 

What I realised is every surgeon has one or two patients with wow results but they’re just a fluke. The average result will leave you wanting more. 

So yeah I wouldn’t obsess over which doctor to go to. 

On 7/25/2023 at 6:39 AM, mr_peanutbutter said:

if i was in the usa id go to mexico or colombia most likely

Nevermind, saw your other post. Are you familiar with any of the secondary doctors at Bogota Hairlines? Dr. Pereja and Dr. Carranza.

Edited by SamK23

• Valued Contributor
On 7/26/2023 at 5:10 PM, Maddy_Leo said:

Thanks for sharing valuable information. I am considering Turkey or India for now. I will explore other doctors and see what works for me. 

I would say please don't look for doctors in particular demography ..always choose a doctor based on results and reputation....you may have to face some inconvenience like traveling far away and all bt this is a lifetime procedure and can't be undone and even your donor is finite ....so better to go with someone you are more confident of and whose results your liked based on your research ..

--> My Thread

9 hours ago, Turkhair said:

Hey man

You’re going to be in for a gigantic surprise when you learn how much your result is not going the way you expected and it looks pretty similar to other (subpar) doctors patients and even like hairmills.

So an unpopular opinion but out of the list you mentioned you can go to any doctor and will come out looking the same.

I wish this is knowledge I had. I spent a fortune and guess what I can’t even look myself in the mirror. I hate looking at my head because there are gaps and I want more density. 

What I realised is every surgeon has one or two patients with wow results but they’re just a fluke. The average result will leave you wanting more. 

So yeah I wouldn’t obsess over which doctor to go to. 

Hi !! Thanks for sharing your experience. It is very frustrating to see the result which are not turned into our expectations. With lot of clinics around the world it is very hard to tell who got wow results. Following this forum giving us lots of information to make the right decision.