Hair fibers after transplant

Everybody talks about the illusion of density of a hair transplant. If you are a nw 3 and get your frontal 3rd done and add hair fibers I don’t see how you wouldn’t apprear to have a perfect full frontal third. An example is I am a NW 3 with miniaturization and thinning and when I add fibers and dermatch it looks perfect. The problem is I want my hairline brought back down a little to be able to have different hairstyles and not have recession. So if I have transplanted hairs into my recessed areas couple with some fibers it would have to appear thick wouldnt it? 

I'm not sure I understand the question. But if it helps, you really shouldn't be putting fibers on the hairline and/or the hair that directly borders your naked forehead. The fiber can fall off/drip/sprinkle down your forehead which will be super embarrassing for you. 

Fiber is best used for the crown or mid-scalp. 

• Valued Contributor

@Recession1 HT standalone is said to be providing illusion of density in most of the cases though in small % of people if all the factors affecting HT are favourable than high density can be achieved and those people don't need to use any other cosmetic products....

Hair fibers ofcourse are helpful after HT and before HT but as @HappyMan2021 said applying them on hairlines is tricky and they may fall off/drip/sprinkle and even if they don't look that natural on hairlines and there is a high chance that it can look unnatural...i myself use haur fibres and i sprinkle then just behind my hairline and then use toothbrush to set it properly and pull them a bit towards hairline till they don't look unnatural 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

22 hours ago, Recession1 said:

Everybody talks about the illusion of density of a hair transplant. If you are a nw 3 and get your frontal 3rd done and add hair fibers I don’t see how you wouldn’t apprear to have a perfect full frontal third. An example is I am a NW 3 with miniaturization and thinning and when I add fibers and dermatch it looks perfect. The problem is I want my hairline brought back down a little to be able to have different hairstyles and not have recession. So if I have transplanted hairs into my recessed areas couple with some fibers it would have to appear thick wouldnt it? 

This is what I was saying in a different thread,   Hair transplant shouldn’t be an “illusion of density” if your hair loss isn’t as bad (less than nw4) you should have a pretty good head of hair after the procedure.

My hairline was receding but I still had good amount of hair and above average donor. I got the frontal area worked on so I’m curious to see how this turns out 

19 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I'm not sure I understand the question. But if it helps, you really shouldn't be putting fibers on the hairline and/or the hair that directly borders your naked forehead. The fiber can fall off/drip/sprinkle down your forehead which will be super embarrassing for you. 

Fiber is best used for the crown or mid-scalp. 

This is true, I tried filling in my hairline with toppik and it just didn’t look good what’s worse is it made a mess and was obvious I had fibers on my hairline since the forehead was having dark marks.
Super embarrassing on a date. 

Thoughts on putting fibers on crown after first couple of weeks to mask redness when unable to wear a hat? On my first transplant for hairline and mid scalp, hairline was red for over 3 months. At 2 months started using some skin colored concealer, wish I did that earlier. Couldn’t use fibers in hairline for the reasons outlined earlier in thread. 

36 minutes ago, Sunset Dune said:

Super embarrassing on a date. 

yea totally lol. When I was first experiencing hair loss - even well before I embarked on hair transplants - I once put Toppik on my hairline and temples for a date. 

On the date, I noticed that some random person at a different table kept looking at me - which I thought was super weird. I eventually went to the bathroom and found a really conspicious and unnatural (obviously) brown smudge of Topick on my forehead. The horror lol