started at 16/17, couldn't cope til 20

bixer

yep, i had a receding hair line and thinning vertex starting at 16/17. by 18 it was becoming more noticeable by the day. For a while I grew the hair out to hide it, but i usually ended up wearing a hat 99% of the time anyways. finally, at 20 i cut the hair down short (maybe an inch and a half) and it looks much better. the more bald i go the shorter it will get.

i've been on propecia a little over two years now and it seems to have at least helped maintain my hair count on top of my head. maybe it's cause i'm young or because i've only been on the meds for 2 years, but i definitely haven't noticed any loss in libido or anything.

so, to all you younger guys losing it, you're not alone. and if you're older than me and losing your hair - i know it still sucks but i would have given anything to have my hair until then.

peace

-B

yep, i had a receding hair line and thinning vertex starting at 16/17. by 18 it was becoming more noticeable by the day. For a while I grew the hair out to hide it, but i usually ended up wearing a hat 99% of the time anyways. finally, at 20 i cut the hair down short (maybe an inch and a half) and it looks much better. the more bald i go the shorter it will get.

i've been on propecia a little over two years now and it seems to have at least helped maintain my hair count on top of my head. maybe it's cause i'm young or because i've only been on the meds for 2 years, but i definitely haven't noticed any loss in libido or anything.

so, to all you younger guys losing it, you're not alone. and if you're older than me and losing your hair - i know it still sucks but i would have given anything to have my hair until then.

peace

-B

Bixer,

Welcome to our forum community. One thing for sure is that hair loss is not age discriminatory. I know for instance that my great grandfather was already a norwood 6 by the time he was 18 and a level 7 by the time he was 20.

I'm glad to hear that Propecia is working for you. You may want to consider adding Rogaine to your regime to see if it helps stimulate any regrowth.

As you've certainly said, young or old, those of you hair loss are not alone!

Best wishes,

Bill

hey man I am the same age as you today i went to go see the doctorn and he prescribed me proscar and i cant wait to begain the treatment with rogaine, I hope it works. good luck to you man I hope your hair grows back.

p.s i dont know if they will allow me to give my email on this forume but i will give it anyway because it would be nice to talk to someone my age who is going through the same thing.Email me @ maxtayler247@yahoo.com

I just turned 36 and know that loosing your hair at any age sucks, I was in the Navy whe I started loosing my hair so it was easy to hide with very short haircuts, tried rogaine and even home remedies but I just didn't care to apply rogaine forever so I decidedon a HT. Best of luck to you.