Is my donor area weak? Considering a HT but I can see some scalp depending on the lighting

I’m leaning towards a hair transplant soon, but I’m slightly concerned about my donor quality since I can see some scalp in bright lighting. My hair is probably 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick at the moment 

IMG_3782.jpeg

IMG_3779.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

@misc1729 I can understand your concern and Yeh can see the donor thinning from this pics though pics are deceptive many a times and i would advise you to consult and good doctor locally and get your scalp checked which will give you an exact idea of your situation 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

20 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

@misc1729 I can understand your concern and Yeh can see the donor thinning from this pics though pics are deceptive many a times and i would advise you to consult and good doctor locally and get your scalp checked which will give you an exact idea of your situation 

I sent these photos to a couple surgeons (actually it looks like one was the doctor who did your transplant) and they didn’t mention anything about my donor area. But you’re probably right… a local consult where they can look closely would be a good idea. Unfortunately the biggest clinic near me is a place with some questionable reviews, so I’m not sure how honestly they’d answer my concerns vs trying to make a sale.

Edited by misc1729

• Valued Contributor
30 minutes ago, misc1729 said:

I sent these photos to a couple surgeons (actually it looks like one was the doctor who did your transplant) and they didn’t mention anything about my donor area. But you’re probably right… a local consult where they can look closely would be a good idea. Unfortunately the biggest clinic near me is a place with some questionable reviews, so I’m not sure how honestly they’d answer my concerns vs trying to make a sale.

Yeh in person consultation will be better for you....where are you from...there are many people from different demography ....they may help you or suggest a good surgeon who is nearer to you

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

@misc1729,

The first question I have for you is, how old are you? Because you look young based on what I can tell in the two photos

To be honest, your hair loss pattern looks like a developing Norwood class 6.   Now I’m basing this strictly on the two photos so as you said,  some of that looks like thinning at the back of your scalp could be a bit enhanced due to lightning or angling.

However, even if any signs of thinning is enhanced due to the lighting, you may very well have a developing advanced hair loss pattern in the making.

now, I don’t know if you’re taking any hair loss medication, but non-surgical solution such as finasteride national may slow down, stop, or even reverse some of the effects of male pattern baldness. They might make her transplant, surgery, and optimal results more of a reality for you. Thus, I do suggest researching and discussing nonsurgical solutions with a physician and consider whether they are right for you as part of your hair restoration plan.

Hair transplant surgery very well may be an option for you. But you are going to have to be realistic as to what can be accomplished and nonsurgical solutions very well. May need to be a part of your plan if you want optimal results.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

@Rahal Hair Transplant

Thanks for the feedback. I am 28. I’ve been on finasteride and minoxidil for about 6 years now. Medication has slowed my hairloss down pretty significantly, but not completely halted it. When I started medication at 22, my hair had a similar pattern, though was a bit thicker on the crown/midscalp. I would guess my hairloss would be quite advanced by now otherwise.