Would a Dr not use all of the grafts they took out?

After the extraction I saw that the screen counter they had said 1,350 grafts, but when I got the letter saying how many they used it said they used 1,300 grafts. Would a Dr ever not use all of the grafts they pulled? There's plenty of room for more grafts. Also, I felt like they were rushing, like not wanting to answer Qs, things like that. 

This happens far more often than we think…with FUE it can be grafts that were transected or damaged during the extraction process.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

OMG, what on earth were the reasons they gave you for such a discrepancy?!

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• Valued Contributor

@medoh199yeh as gill said they mite have seen some damaged or transected hairs which they didn't use and ths happens everywhere bt with good doctors the ratio is around 5%

@Oxiborickthey used less than half and what did they answer you for that ? And who was the surgeon ?

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

I would also like to know who the doctor was 😯

• Like 1

Gillenator

From my knowledge its quite rare to happen but it depends on the clinic even if it does it should be a very limited amount. Even if some grafts are deemed as "transected" or "partially transected" doesnt mean that it wont eventually grow since its very hard to know how much transected has the graft been, that is why the majority of clinics are likely to implant the graft back into the recipient area regardless of its state.

Howeaver, if you opt for any sort of hairmill then it is pretty much a guarantee that at some point you would have a large number of transected folicles that would not be implanted back with the clinic claiming that they did it. 

Edited by TheGreatPretender

Very true!

Gillenator