Post Treatment Plan - Is what I am doing enough?

Hi all,

So I had my transplant on March 27th. About 7500 total, crown and hairline. 

As it stands, this is my current regime.

0.5mg finestride daily (2 months in now, should I move up to 1mg every other day?) I started small due to worry of side effects.

12000mcg Biotin/Selinium daily

Multi Vit Daily

Wash hair with Organise Aloe Shampoo and Conditioner 4x a week

I don't want to take Minoxodil as well.

Many thanks

John

20 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Wouldn't 1mg every other day be the same dosage as you're currently on? Moving to 1mg/day would be an option.

How holy trinity also includes ketoconazole shampoo. Others also take MSM and saw Palmetto.

Hey,

I thought 0.5 would ease me into it and 1mg every other day was a stronger dose as its more at one time? But I know nothing :)

Are their any side affects with Ketoconazole Shampoo? Can give that a try if its simply just a shampoo.

@Jb4458,

personally, I’m a firm believer in “if it’s not broken, don’t fix it”. For starters, non-surgical treatments aren’t necessary for your hair transplant to grow. As long as you selected an excellent surgeon, your results should grow in as expected with time. Time is your best friend and make sure you also follow your doctors postoperative instructions.

Nonsurgical solutions, however, are great at slowing down, stopping, or even potentially reversing, some of the effects of androgenetic alopecia a.k.a. male pattern baldness. So my question to you is, has your hair loss treatment regimen, been working for you in terms of helping to keep your existing hair? If so, then I’m not so sure there’s any need to mess with it or change it.

Now you could increase your finasteride those from .5 mg a day to 1 mg a day because that is the recommended dose. That said, more finasteride in your system means a higher possibility of potential side effects. Therefore, before messing with your toes in anyway, I suggest speaking to a physician.

As far as Biden, I’m not convinced it really does anything for hair loss, but I don’t believe it’s harmful in any way so again, I would consult a physician. But if you feel that’s helping you, and it’s not hurting you in anyway, then you could probably keep taking it.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

36 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@Jb4458,

personally, I’m a firm believer in “if it’s not broken, don’t fix it”. For starters, non-surgical treatments aren’t necessary for your hair transplant to grow. As long as you selected an excellent surgeon, your results should grow in as expected with time. Time is your best friend and make sure you also follow your doctors postoperative instructions.

Nonsurgical solutions, however, are great at slowing down, stopping, or even potentially reversing, some of the effects of androgenetic alopecia a.k.a. male pattern baldness. So my question to you is, has your hair loss treatment regimen, been working for you in terms of helping to keep your existing hair? If so, then I’m not so sure there’s any need to mess with it or change it.

Now you could increase your finasteride those from .5 mg a day to 1 mg a day because that is the recommended dose. That said, more finasteride in your system means a higher possibility of potential side effects. Therefore, before messing with your toes in anyway, I suggest speaking to a physician.

As far as Biden, I’m not convinced it really does anything for hair loss, but I don’t believe it’s harmful in any way so again, I would consult a physician. But if you feel that’s helping you, and it’s not hurting you in anyway, then you could probably keep taking it.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Well!

My plan was to purely use LLLT every 3 years and nothing else. However, I've since been convinced to use Finasteride by so many people that I've now started it. 

The answer to your questions is that I don't know what works for me in a results sense as it's my first trasnplant and I have no Control group to compare against :)

I was at one point under the impression that because the transplant came from the back of the head, and it hadn't been touched my Malte Pattern Baldness and DHT, that it wouldnt be susceptible to thinning and dying. If that is the case and I (like my dad) stopped receding at a certain point and I won't get balder than now, then in theory I shouldn't need anything in terms of tablets.