Hair Transplant Results without the Finasteride and/or Minoxidil

Hi, I am a new member here and I noticed almost all hair transplant results are in conjunction with the medications Finasteride and/or Minoxidil. Do we ever get good results without the Fin/Minoxidil ? I am considering hair transplant but I am a strict No- No for Minoxidil or Fin due to past side effects.

Edited by eternal.denied84

The short term results of a transplant do not really depend on the use of fin or min. However, the results you usually see in pictures are of people that weren't completely bald: what you see is the transplanted hair + the remaining native hair in the area. If you're not on medication, the latter won't stop thinning after your transplant, and the result won't look as good anymore a few years down the road. 

• Valued Contributor

I would agree with what the earlier poster said..actually if your hairloss is stable than you can consider HT but if not than you will keep loosing your native hairs and will always keep on chasing hairs..so first try to stabilise your hairloss..sometimes naturopathy too helps some people ....so you may try that....if it works on you than you may think abt a HT later on..

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023