5 months 17 days hair transplant status query

Hi,

i had my hair transplant surgery done 5 months and 17 days ago. I suffered some shock loss which has recovered now. But i don't see any hair coming out of grafts. Is it normal? How long before i will see any hair out of grafts. Please tell if you had similar experience. I'm getting bit worried if was surgery was successful or not

Hair growth can certainly be delayed. You should contact the doctor who performed your surgery and see what they have to say. Hang in there. I have had patients who had very little growth for the first 5 months and eventually had very good results. Did you have any post operative comlication?

I did not have any trauma like accident. Looking at all the pictures on the forum i'm wondering what could have gone wrong. My scabs feel in the 2nd week. my scars healed on time. I had few pimples coming out on my scalp some time back. It has stopped now. but i don't see any fine hair or any kind of hair coming out like it is mentioned on the forums. I hope it is normal

Have you got some pre-op, immediate post op and 'now' pics that you can share?

If you've really had zero growth in over 5 months then that is not a good sign, but sometimes we can convince ourselves that nothing has grown when actually there has been some progress. This is why it is a good idea to take pictures each month.

Who was your Doctor? As Dr Charles has said, you should get in touch with your Doctor in the first instance if you have concerns.

some of the grafts which did not completely fall out are still there and are fully grown hair. my hair line has been altered into a broken V shape. It's still not completely formed as it has lot of gaps. but in the centre and sides where most of the grafts were put i don't see any hair in the spaces where grafts were put. I'm seeing my surgeon next weekend, as he's in different city. Will keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...

update on 6 months. I consulted my doctor, he says the growth is fine, he also said the result is final. I feel there's no change in my hair density in the areas i already had hair. I asked my friends they also confirmed that they don't see any change. Is it still possible that the results will improve?

i had 2 procdures and both times the greatest growth occurred between 7-9mos.also my hair relly started loking good after one year.im suprisedyour doc said that was the final result most docs will tellyou just the opposite .so hang in there and good luck