Is it worth it?

I understand HT is much less costly in Turkey. As someone who has been researching options for about a year I am curious if it is worth the hassle coming from the states? Once you pay for plane tickets, lodging, food, transportation etc  not to mention the time it must come out about the same cost as a solid doctor stateside? Or are the doctors in Turkey that much better? Also, follow up appointments would be costly having to fly back to Turkey?

curious as to opinions on this.

Im 38 yrs old and would like to get my receding hairline fixed. Not advanced yet but want to discuss preserving what I have left as well. Not excited about oral medications either. 

Turkey gets an undeserved bad rap. People like hating on Turkey because they think American doctors are better. But that is just not true at all. Whats even more ridiculous is in the US you will be paying like 4x the cost of a HT in Turkey, and a Turkish doctor will be just as good if not better than the average American one. 

If I had to do my entire HT journey all over again I would have started with HLC in Turkey. 

In my opinion HLC is the best bang for your buck clinic in the world. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ChuckyChamb said:

follow up appointments would be costly having to fly back to Turkey?

By follow up appointments, if you mean a literal follow up review/examination of the work, no one really travels back to their HT surgeon solely for a follow up, especially for an international flight.

Reasons for follow up would be you are going for a 2nd surgery, something went wrong with the 1st surgery and the doctor is requiring an in-person review before giving you a refund or advising next steps, or something along those lines. 

Essentially - your relationship with your HT doctor will end as soon as surgery is over and you won't really have a reason to interact with them again ever. The only times you will ever re-enter their lives is if you want another surgery with them, or if you had a bad result and wish to complain. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

There are good surgeons in US as well as turkey and many other countries ....but the combination of budget+good surgeon is tough to find in US...all the good doctors In US ofcourse will charge you more than double i guess...the budget+good surgeon combo can be found in turkey,Mexico,Columbia,India,greece,cyprus,Portugal ,brasil ,spain and some other European countries as well....most of them are in between 2.5 to 5 euros and many of them are excellent surgeons...so you can first choose a good surgeon who is around you and easy to reach and producing very good results and than compare with other doctors out of US and consider the traveling cost and other pros amd cons and thn make your decision...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Turkey is the best when it comes to hair transplants. There is a reason there are memes with bald people going to Turkey and coming back unrecognisable with a full head of hair.

I don’t mean this in racist way but it’s worth it to avoid US healthcare. All the money US spent on wars sending countries to stone ages spreading poverty, half of that should’ve been spent to make healthcare affordable for there countrymen. I mean that’s literally what other countries do, spend it on their populace and healthcare is the top priority.

I have a friend who got sick with pneumonia, most of his bills was covered by insurance but some wasn’t and when he showed me, I thought he was joking. 11k+ for medicine that cost cents in rest of the world 😂 

So yeah it’s worth it for sure. Doctors in Turkey aren’t idiots, remember it is a developed European country with a healthcare that isn’t enemy of its people.

• Like 3

I’d have to respectfully disagree. There are so many clinics in Turkey, and the majority are not ‘top tier’, in my opinion. Turkey does have a reputation for cheap cosmetic surgery, but there are few that could compete with the top clinics worldwide. In fact, there’s probably  less than 5 in Turkey that I’d consider going to from hundreds of options.

if money were no concern Zarev (Bulgaria) or H&W (US) would be better than any Turkish clinics.

Let’s avoid politics and race and be objective about the best clinics worldwide.

• Valued Contributor

Please don't indulge in country shaming and all ....there are good doctors and bad doctors everywhere and there is no relation to demography versus skills and nowhere a surgeon will be forced not to follow the surgical protocol and be unethical....and where as prices goes there will always be differences not just in medical field but in every other field..prices would vary too much even in the same country from surgeon to surgeon or any product to product...evryone are free to do their own research and ask for opinions and choose a surgeon according to his/her convenience and budget...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Thank you for all of the responses. 

What does a trip to Turkey look like for HT? Do you stay at a hotel right next to clinic? Do you need to take public transport to and from airport etc.? Any insight on how much a trip costs all in would be excellent or any insight from someone who has done this recently.