Remove crusts- Dr Yaman result

Hi,

I was wondering if it's necessary to remove the crusts by day 12 after the operation if the skin is still sensitive ans the donor area is still burning.

I don't want to risk damaging the graffs , on the other hand I read online that if the crusts aren't removed on day 12 they may die because of lack of oxygen.

Thank you 

Use saline spray every two hours or earlier keep them moist. Don’t let them dry out

Shampoo everyday but don’t rub or scrub. 

Ez

They will come off like piece of cake.

I don’t know why this issue of scabs has been blown out of proportion by everyone.

NO GRAFTS will NOT die if you have scabs, it’s a lie. Look at Pitella patients who have scans till day 20 with fantastic results.

No you don’t need to scrub or rub, just keep them moist.

You want scabs gone because they keep the area dirty and easier to get infection. Just like any other wound, you have to keep it clean. But they are a WOUND so forcing scabs out damages the wound. Don’t force the issue.

Some people’s bodies are awesome and they heal their scabs fast. But some people bodies suck at healing and so the scabs take even 3 weeks to come off. Scabs are good, they’re the bodies way of defence and healing. 

I am pissed I rubbed mine when they didn’t come off on day 12 but then I used common sense and thought why am I pretending to be an idiot. I know this stuff, this is basic medicine. Just let them heal, keep them soft, eat nutrients and they will come off. They can off by day 16 just by shampooing and saline spray and I didn’t do any rubbing.

So relax and saline and shampoo. If the area is clean they don’t have to come off even by day 30. But they do come off unless you’re malnourished starving and your body doesn’t heal lol

• Like 1

Just look at the donor area. I only applied bepanthol lotion religiously and the scabs when it was their time they would dry and fall off on their own. If the scab is stuck it means there is still healing going on inside and the wound isn’t closed. If you remove an unhealed scab a new one will form. I didn’t even shampoo my donor area because it burned and I didn’t care I wasn’t growing new hairs there. Guess what the scabs came off on their own on my pillow and when I would wipe them with clean towel. 

I find it crazy some clinics shampoo day 2 or 3. Completely unnecessary 

I am not a doctor but to my understanding hairs DO NOT breathe???? Do they breathe?? Hairs are dead protein.

Hair follicles are deep inside skin where there is no breathing going on and no air going there. What they want is blood vessels pumping blood, that’s how they breathe…in oxygen rich blood.

Everyone says this but I don’t understand how does a scab going to suffocate hair follicles if being buried inside skin isn’t going to??? What???

I think there’s a lot of pseudoscience that clinics have propagated. We have to remember very rare hair transplant surgeons are actual doctors who know anatomy and physiology. Most are just ex-technicians who got skilled at implanting hairs. 

I thought only lungs could breathe. This is new to me, hairs breathing. 

2 hours ago, Turkhair said:

Use saline spray every two hours or earlier keep them moist. Don’t let them dry out

Shampoo everyday but don’t rub or scrub. 

Ez

They will come off like piece of cake.

I don’t know why this issue of scabs has been blown out of proportion by everyone.

NO GRAFTS will NOT die if you have scabs, it’s a lie. Look at Pitella patients who have scans till day 20 with fantastic results.

No you don’t need to scrub or rub, just keep them moist.

You want scabs gone because they keep the area dirty and easier to get infection. Just like any other wound, you have to keep it clean. But they are a WOUND so forcing scabs out damages the wound. Don’t force the issue.

Some people’s bodies are awesome and they heal their scabs fast. But some people bodies suck at healing and so the scabs take even 3 weeks to come off. Scabs are good, they’re the bodies way of defence and healing. 

I am pissed I rubbed mine when they didn’t come off on day 12 but then I used common sense and thought why am I pretending to be an idiot. I know this stuff, this is basic medicine. Just let them heal, keep them soft, eat nutrients and they will come off. They can off by day 16 just by shampooing and saline spray and I didn’t do any rubbing.

So relax and saline and shampoo. If the area is clean they don’t have to come off even by day 30. But they do come off unless you’re malnourished starving and your body doesn’t heal lol

Thanks, very helpful 😊