How long to stay in Istanbul post-surgery before return to USA?

• Valued Contributor

Generally people can fly back after 1 day...you can have 1st  wash with the clinic and fly next day...for eg if your surgery is on monday you can have your first wash at clinic on Tuesday and can fly back at Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning ....

Edited by A_4_Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

yea but if staying 5 days more is not a problem for you and then u got 13H flight stay longer just to be more sure. Don't bump to anything on a plane after only 1 day post surgery or sweat etc so if u can stay fiew days,maxxxx 5 then it would be more conveniet for the flight

Same flight times as you.  My HT was on a Tues and I flew back on a Sat.  My purpose for staying was waiting 72 hours for the follicles to take, then taping non-stick surgical gauze over my recipient and wearing a loose fitting beanie.  Worked great, but probably could have flown back on Fri.

for peace of mind and to reduce anxiety, you can stay up until the 72 hour mark when the follicles are secure. 

Realistically and pragmatically, you can fly the next day.

I would say 95% of incidents were people accidentally lose grafts is due to carelessness, naivete, stupidity, or a combination of all three.

As long as you exercise a bit of common sense and caution, you are unlikely to have any grafts dislodged

Are the only dangers of flying home early the possibility of hitting your head while traveling? I intend to fly back the next day just due to having limited time. Lol would they let me into a flight if my head or face gets swollen?