Lowered oral minoxidil dose, can I add topical to compensate?

Altug

I had to lower my oral minoxidil dose from 5mg to 1.5mg daily. This was because I have a high heart rate and my doctor thinks it's safer to use it at a lower dose given my response profile.

My entire scalp is getting a bit thinner overall, and although 1.5mg is still supposed to work, I am looking to improve my results.
Can I add topical minoxidil 5%, once per day while taking oral minoxidil 1.5mg daily? If so, would that improve the result, would it be let's say equivalent to taking 2.5mg daily?
The answers that I got so far are not clear, usually it is advised to take either oral or topical. I had a transplant so I mainly use minoxidil for maintenance now, but I still want to achieve better results

Edited by Altug

My doctor first prescribed me 1mg/day but I got too bad sides so she prescribed me 0,5mg/ with 5% 1ml topical but as I cannot support oral minox even at 0,5 now I take only topical.

So I think you can take the two yes.

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) : ASCE+ HRLV AAPE for Hair secretomes + human Umbilical Chord Exosomes