Am I going crazy?

I am one month post a hair transplant with dr De Freitas. 
3 years ago when I noticed my hairloss the one thing that bugged me the most was the miniaturised hair I have in the front and I couldn’t style my hair like I did. 
I had consultations with Lorenzo and Bhr in Greece and some other clinics all told me my crown was good but I have miniaturised hair in my forelock. Everybody, including dr De Freitas the day of the procedure told me that I was a norwood 2. I asked him 4 times during my procedure if there’s thinning or miniaturisation somewhere else in the scalp and he told me there’s not and for now I am good and I don’t have to stress. 
Before I chose him I saw some procedures that he implanted between native hair on the forelock even when people didn’t have a problem there, you can see it in all the different cases recently here. But I was surprised he didn’t put microscope and a single graft in mine he just did my hairline. Don’t get me wrong he did an excellent job on my hairline, and I asked him about a touch up and he told me I might need 800 or less to increase the density. 
but it’s getting on my mind though that I have a bigger norwood pattern , even though Lorenzo examined my scalp with a microscope and he told me too that I was a norwood 2 and possible norwood 3 in the years to come. 

so what’s going on here and why didn’t he put grafts in between ? I asked the clinic several times and they tell me doctor says it’s good and I have to wait until 3 months because they grow thicker after.  I’m on heavy medication for 2.5 years , everyday fun and fits , minoxidil topical that switched in oral after the ht and vitamins. 
I got relieved when he told me that I was a norwood 2 because I have a great donor and I could get the result I’m dreaming of. But now Im depressed and I can’t have peace of mind cause I dont know what’s happening on my head and what to expect.

Im attaching photos 3 years ago to see what I’m talking about and after my operation and today.

what should I do ? 

IMG_6681.jpeg

IMG_6682.jpeg

IMG_6680.jpeg

IMG_6382.jpeg

IMG_6383.jpeg

IMG_6686.jpeg

IMG_6685.jpeg

IMG_6463.jpeg

IMG_6683.jpeg

BA183B7D-1256-40BD-A926-91E087986C2F.jpeg

3AB5F007-030A-425E-B3F3-87E693461130.jpeg

FA497044-1C80-4613-AB29-23868A6A53E4.jpeg

3B43C038-3FFC-4C88-AB3A-FF8EA4F1D8DB.jpeg

04C31A19-FC84-4678-BF0B-ADAD3738C917.jpeg

5 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

i dont get your problem, could you put in one sentence?

i am worried I have a higher norwood pattern even though every doctor that saw me told me I was norwood 2 and I don’t get why they didn’t put any grafts in my forelock and midscalp. 
im stressing because of the pictures , and mostly the texture between the hair on top and the donor ones.  Could it be the haircut from the clinic? Or the use of topical minoxidil for 2 years ? Is it naturally thicker in donor area ? 

1 minute ago, Overthinker said:

i am worried I have a higher norwood pattern even though every doctor that saw me told me I was norwood 2 and I don’t get why they didn’t put any grafts in my forelock and midscalp. 
im stressing because of the pictures , and mostly the texture between the hair on top and the donor ones.  Could it be the haircut from the clinic? Or the use of topical minoxidil for 2 years ? Is it naturally thicker in donor area ? 

can you circle the areas where you think you are losing ground?

8 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

can you circle the areas where you think you are losing ground?

All this area was itchy for days after the procedure and I know my forelock had miniaturised hair from two years ago when I had my consultation with dr Lorenzo in person.

Dr de Freitas told me it can be a combination of the light and the haircut. But the density when he shaved me was good. I really don’t know 

IMG_6693.jpeg

IMG_6692.jpeg

IMG_6691.jpeg

IMG_6436.jpeg

IMG_6689.jpeg

IMG_6383.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

You already have enough hairs there and if he implant more grafts over there than there is a chance of damage to your native hairs....

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

1 minute ago, A_4_Archan said:

You already have enough hairs there and if he implant more grafts over there than there is a chance of damage to your native hairs....

Thanks for the reply! I know but I’ve seen many cases by him where he implanted even a few grafts just to thicken it up. 

take a look at this thread where his forelock was stronger than mine:

• Valued Contributor

His forelock was thicker but he made the hairline little lower then the forelock and the dense hairline which you are seeing is lower 

--> My Thread

4 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

You look great, I wouldnt really worry too much if I were you. Work also looks very clean and professional, should be in for a good result.

PS: You would likely still had looked great without a HT and you also have a great donor. Now it’s the waiting game.

Thanks brother, appreciate it. I’m just freaking out cause I couldn’t style it anymore with them being miniaturised that’s why I don’t know why he didn’t put any in between .I can tell the difference in the texture of the hair between my donor and my frontal region and middle. It feels like they are thicker on the donor. Is this a thing ? 

2 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

His forelock was thicker but he made the hairline little lower then the forelock and the dense hairline which you are seeing is lower 

That’s why I’m asking for your help, if it’s just the anxiety that I see a bigger norwood pattern now in the ugly duckling phase. And feels like my donor grow stronger and faster  than the rest 

• Valued Contributor
Just now, Overthinker said:

That’s why I’m asking for your help, if it’s just the anxiety that I see a bigger norwood pattern now in the ugly duckling phase. And feels like my donor grow stronger and faster  than the rest 

From pics it didn't look like a bigger patern..but surgeon can only tell you the exact situation ..and you have get yourself checked with some best ones and when they say you don't have a bigger nw pattern than all of them can't be wrong 

• Thanks 1

--> My Thread

6 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

From pics it didn't look like a bigger patern..but surgeon can only tell you the exact situation ..and you have get yourself checked with some best ones and when they say you don't have a bigger nw pattern than all of them can't be wrong 

Thanks for your reply man. Yes and I really trust their opinions, as I’ve seen doctor De Freitas have told some of them if they have some diffuse thinning or anything like this when the head is shaved, so I believe that he also would tell me so if there was anything. I was just scrolling through the photos and my perfectionism got me worried looking from follicle to follicle.  But he didn’t access my scalp with the microscope so I guess the miniaturisation couldn’t be seen with the eye 

Edited by Overthinker

24 minutes ago, Overthinker said:

Thanks brother, appreciate it. I’m just freaking out cause I couldn’t style it anymore with them being miniaturised that’s why I don’t know why he didn’t put any in between .I can tell the difference in the texture of the hair between my donor and my frontal region and middle. It feels like they are thicker on the donor. Is this a thing ? 

Dude, you have a great hairline, your donor is precious, your frontal to crown is also golden I really doubt styling will be for your concearn. 

Honestly, take solace in the fact that guys like me envy to be on your spot. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. 

I am going there on the 28th, but my case is more complex then yours, hopefully I can come out happy aswell...

Edited by TheGreatPretender
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Overthinker said:

All this area was itchy for days after the procedure and I know my forelock had miniaturised hair from two years ago when I had my consultation with dr Lorenzo in person.

Dr de Freitas told me it can be a combination of the light and the haircut. But the density when he shaved me was good. I really don’t know 

IMG_6693.jpeg

IMG_6692.jpeg

IMG_6691.jpeg

IMG_6436.jpeg

IMG_6689.jpeg

IMG_6383.jpeg

i dont see much tbh, could be just the way the hair grows out..if there is a loss of density its at the very very early stage...

did you buzzcut your hair ever before? could be that you "lost a bit of density" there already before you started medication...and that is stabble now, hence no miniaturized hairs

i think there isnt much to worry about the next 5 years...maybe do a buzzcut once a year to monitor it..

Edited by mr_peanutbutter
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Dude, you have a great hairline, your donor is precious, your frontal to crown is also golden I really doubt styling will be for your concearn. 

Honestly, take solace in the fact that guys like me envy to be on your spot. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. 

I am going there on the 28th, but my case is more complex then yours, hopefully I can come out happy aswell...

It’s really good to hear those words cause honestly I felt that I did a mistake. 

Hes a great doctor and a great clinic that’s why I’m going for the touch up there, you won’t have any complaints from them, I’m sure about that. 
hope everything goes great for you and you get what you really wish🙏🏼

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Overthinker said:

Thanks for your reply man. Yes and I really trust their opinions, as I’ve seen doctor De Freitas have told some of them if they have some diffuse thinning or anything like this when the head is shaved, so I believe that he also would tell me so if there was anything. I was just scrolling through the photos and my perfectionism got me worried looking from follicle to follicle.  But he didn’t access my scalp with the microscope so I guess the miniaturisation couldn’t be seen with the eye 

Its not just your miniaturized hair that he would have seen but also how much hair per cm2 all over your scalp.

you cannot see follicle to follicle. see with HT you want to add illusion of density because you will be putting way less grafts than what a person without hairloss will have. but because your donor hairs will be thicken and you use meds you hair will be quite thick.

but in your case they cannot add hair in places you have hair already as its exceeding the hair count per cm2 which they would have added with HT. so much dense packing is fine when you have them naturally but when adding with HT, you can damage nearby hair easily so you lose some existing hair and also your transplanted hair might not survive as you may not have that much blood flow in that area to supply to both existing hair and transplanted hair . your scalp tries to adjust when HT happens by increasing blood flow but it can only do so much. so some hair will be lost there too. 

perfectionism doesnt exist in HT.  being an ethical surgeon he has to help you with scalp coverage wherever actually necessary . ( places where scalp is visible even when your hair length is decent). Sure if you are lower norwood he can give aggressive hairline because there transection wont happen. he gets bald area to put hair into.

and atleast for now you dont look like diffuse thinner to me too. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

i dont see much tbh, could be just the way the hair grows out..if there is a loss of density its at the very very early stage...

did you buzzcut your hair ever before? could be that you "lost density" there already before you started medication...and that is stabble now, hence no miniaturized hairs

Yes I did, 3 years ago and my situation was this. Lorenzo told me the density is the same but they’re all miniaturised in my forelock. Freitas told me my density also is great no thinning. So I probably am going crazy into this phase. 

IMG_6694.jpeg

IMG_6695.jpeg

IMG_6696.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Overthinker said:

It’s really good to hear those words cause honestly I felt that I did a mistake. 

Hes a great doctor and a great clinic that’s why I’m going for the touch up there, you won’t have any complaints from them, I’m sure about that. 
hope everything goes great for you and you get what you really wish🙏🏼

Thanks brother. May the force be with us for this everlasting journey. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, duckling said:

Its not just your miniaturized hair that he would have seen but also how much hair per cm2 all over your scalp.

you cannot see follicle to follicle. see with HT you want to add illusion of density because you will be putting way less grafts than what a person without hairloss will have. but because your donor hairs will be thicken and you use meds you hair will be quite thick.

but in your case they cannot add hair in places you have hair already as its exceeding the hair count per cm2 which they would have added with HT. so much dense packing is fine when you have them naturally but when adding with HT, you can damage nearby hair easily so you lose some existing hair and also your transplanted hair might not survive as you may not have that much blood flow in that area to supply to both existing hair and transplanted hair . your scalp tries to adjust when HT happens by increasing blood flow but it can only do so much. so some hair will be lost there too. 

perfectionism doesnt exist in HT.  being an ethical surgeon he has to help you with scalp coverage wherever actually necessary . ( places where scalp is visible even when your hair length is decent). Sure if you are lower norwood he can give aggressive hairline because there transection wont happen. he gets bald area to put hair into.

and atleast for now you dont look like diffuse thinner to me too. 

I get your points and I totally agree. Thanks for your reply. I know beforehand that ht is all about the illusion and I got on heavy medicines all in once trying to achieve the best I can and then retain it for as long. I wouldn’t do so also if my donor wasn’t measured giving a total of 10.500-11.000 grafts without visible thinning. Even with the miniaturised I couldn’t see scalp, I just got worried about the pattern and the usage of my grafts and if I did was correct. 

2 minutes ago, Overthinker said:

I get your points and I totally agree. Thanks for your reply. I know beforehand that ht is all about the illusion and I got on heavy medicines all in once trying to achieve the best I can and then retain it for as long. I wouldn’t do so also if my donor wasn’t measured giving a total of 10.500-11.000 grafts without visible thinning. Even with the miniaturised I couldn’t see scalp, I just got worried about the pattern and the usage of my grafts and if I did was correct. 

for your peace of mind you can get a trichoscopy test done which will give you clear idea which areas of scalp has how much density and you will be told if miniaturized hairs are there and many more details. you can set that as baseline and in future whenever you think you are losing hair then get another test done and compare. This way its easy for you to know which areas you are losing and can see pattern before it actually forms on scalp due to a lot of thinning over a time period.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Overthinker said:

Yes I did, 3 years ago and my situation was this. Lorenzo told me the density is the same but they’re all miniaturised in my forelock. Freitas told me my density also is great no thinning. So I probably am going crazy into this phase. 

IMG_6694.jpeg

i think your density 3 years ago even in the midscalp was worse then today. the meds are working. nothing to worry. enjoy life no need to stress yourself with neurotic thoughts

• Thanks 1