After hair transplant while sleeping how to avoid touching/scratching transplanted grafts ?

Hello,

In about 10 days, I will be having my repair procedure with Eugenix. But recently I've seen/heard some cases of touching/scratching the transplanted grafts while sleeping. As a result, I've developed fear of touching the grafts during sleep. Because when ever anyone is sleeping he has no control over yourself. Consequently, without even knowing he can damage the newly transplanted grafts. How I can avoid touching the grafts when I'll be sleeping? What method did you guys actually follow to avoid touching those grafts during sleep ? Any suggestions, opinions will be highly welcomed

Regards, 

Shadman

• Valued Contributor

Use Neck Pillow and you will not face such issue unless you be a Jackson when asleep..😊

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

3 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

Use Neck Pillow and you will not face such issue unless you be a Jackson when asleep..😊

My clinic told me to place pillows at my side just in case I would try to moonwalk out of the bed while sleeping. 

Edit: Of course the "moonwalk" was just an expression for the MJ reference in case you wonder.😅

Edited by TheGreatPretender
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

@duckling @A_4_Archan 

Hello, thank you for the suggestions. But Think about a situation while sleeeping I am feeling itchiness as a result, I touch those grafts without even knowing. I was wondering is there any particular method which I can follow so that during sleep  I can restrict my hand movements ?  Consequently, there'll be no chance of damaging the grafts. 

• Valued Contributor
8 minutes ago, Shadman said:

@duckling @A_4_Archan 

Hello, thank you for the suggestions. But Think about a situation while sleeeping I am feeling itchiness as a result, I touch those grafts without even knowing. I was wondering is there any particular method which I can follow so that during sleep  I can restrict my hand movements ?  Consequently, there'll be no chance of damaging the grafts. 

Actually many of the surgeons gives sedative tablets for 2-3 days so patients be into deep sleep and usually dont make much movements...still if you are so concerned abt it , you can wear a bandana so there is a less risk of that..

• Like 1

--> My Thread

3 hours ago, Shadman said:

@duckling @A_4_Archan 

first thing is basic , that your nails should be cut to avoid any big damage even if you scratch scalp by mistake. second is that you need to take care of scalp itchiness before sleep itself by proper aftercare because once you are in deep sleep then highly unlikely you move your hand as body actually restricts movements. When not in deep sleep those sleep duration are tricky.. but i suggest not to worry about it. Also try to make sure no external factors like sleep environment causes your scalp to feel itchy. That is all you can do honestly, unless you are travelling with someone who ties your hand at night and unties them next morning 😄 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shadman said:

Because when ever anyone is sleeping he has no control over yourself. Consequently, without even knowing he can damage the newly transplanted grafts.

I had this issue, I took swipes at my head in my sleep. I eventually learned to sleep wearing rubber gloves. This will stop your nails from doing damage. I found that this gave me enough cushion that I'd wake up before doing damage.

• Like 1

@A_4_Archan thank you for the suggestion. Yes, wearing a bandana during sleep will be a good option, I’m bit more concerned this time because it’ll be my repair procedure. This is the reason I wanted to restrict my hand movements during sleep at any cost

13 hours ago, duckling said:

first thing is basic , that your nails should be cut to avoid any big damage even if you scratch scalp by mistake. second is that you need to take care of scalp itchiness before sleep itself by proper aftercare because once you are in deep sleep then highly unlikely you move your hand as body actually restricts movements. When not in deep sleep those sleep duration are tricky.. but i suggest not to worry about it. Also try to make sure no external factors like sleep environment causes your scalp to feel itchy. That is all you can do honestly, unless you are travelling with someone who ties your hand at night and unties them next morning 😄 

@duckling yes, thank you for the suggestion. Cutting nails and taking the proper care will definitely reduce the chance of scalp itchiness. I’ll be travelling alone so there is no way I can tie my hands otherwise it would've been an option 😆  And yes, I shouldn't overthink about it

• Valued Contributor
41 minutes ago, Shadman said:

@A_4_Archan thank you for the suggestion. Yes, wearing a bandana during sleep will be a good option, I’m bit more concerned this time because it’ll be my repair procedure. This is the reason I wanted to restrict my hand movements during sleep at any cost

Yeh i can understand why you being over protective about this...once we have a failed surgery and going for a repair than we ofcourse try to fix everything and would try to protect evrythng as we don't want to get anything wrong this time...but don't worry you will have the perfect outcome this time my brother ..😊

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Like 1

--> My Thread