35-yr old male considering HT

Hi all

I've been lurking on this forum as I've started to consider a hair transplant and finally decided to join today. 

My Story

I developed a receding hairline at the age of 14, which was absolutely devastating and I was constantly mocked by my peers at school. I hopped onto Propecia at the age of 18 and I even went to see a hair transplant surgeon who rejected me for being too young (thank God).

I was a very vulnerable and insecure 18-year-old. I ended up wearing hairpieces from Advanced Hair Studio (an awful place) during my whole stint at university. Stupidly, I also stopped taking Propecia during university as I thought it was too expensive! This led to my crown thinning, and I quickly started taking the drug again. Not the smartest young adult! I stopped using hairpieces after university as I was constantly worried about other people figuring out that I was wearing one.

Current Situation

I've continued to use Propecia up to this point. My hair loss has slowly gotten worse over the last 10 years or so. I've had the same hairline this whole time, but it's starting to thin in the middle, and my crown has thinned out. I shaved my head about 2 years ago.

I also used minoxidil foam for around 5 years, but I stopped using it as I wasn't seeing any results. But maybe it was stopping my hair loss from getting worse. I also tried oral minoxidil recently, but I had an allergic reaction after a month. I'm not sure if it was related to oral minoxidil but my doctor suggested I get off the medication after the allergic reaction.

I had a consultation with Maitland Clinic in the UK around 4 years ago and they said I have a good donor area. I really like the work that Dr. Freitas has done, and I'm in the process of arranging a consultation. I was thinking of just doing the hairline and then trying to restore some of the hair at the crown with Minoxidil foam and micro-needling. If that doesn't work, I could always get another transplant.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance the experienced members can give on whether I'm making the right decisions. Also, let me know if you need any other photos of different angles.

Thanks in advance!

edit4.thumb.jpg.929ebcaecc07bee9d3b09f80deca63c0.jpgedit3.thumb.jpg.1ff56933966dc1ef849c0c62eab748ae.jpgedit1.thumb.jpg.ba6b70d4a9997463c9d0091afe64f85c.jpg

Edited by Cam71101

• Cam71101 changed the title to 35-yr old male considering HT
38 minutes ago, Big Rome said:

Donor looks really good, did you get any sides from the topical min foam? 

No sides. I tried the liquid before using the foam but I found it extremely itchy.

Edited by Cam71101
  • Thanks 1