Hair colour 3 months after Transplant? Which brand?

I am approaching 3 months post hair transplant- see my journey below. 

I do see some growth in the transplanted area, however, due to my white hair… its not as visible. I have resisted dying the transplanted area since my surgery 3 mos ago.

Can I dye my transplanted area? Will it pose a risk to the growth in the area? 
What hair colour/ dye brands are recommended? 

I highly recommend that you first check with your surgeon as some doctors will advise to wait until the regrowth has been fulfilled…others may be okay using a non-peroxide based dye such as Just for Men product…it is also important that complete healing of the scalp has taken place.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Valued Contributor
15 hours ago, aaalan said:

I am approaching 3 months post hair transplant- see my journey below. 

I do see some growth in the transplanted area, however, due to my white hair… its not as visible. I have resisted dying the transplanted area since my surgery 3 mos ago.

Can I dye my transplanted area? Will it pose a risk to the growth in the area? 
What hair colour/ dye brands are recommended? 

I would say just to be on a safer side you can avoid hair coloring ..at 3 months there is a chance that your scalp wouldn't have been 100% recovered even if it seems so....or its better to look at some kind of pencil which you can use just on hair strands and not scalp..just give a light touch of that...my mom is using something like a lipstick for her eyebrows....plus its all natural i think..IMG_20230528_142131__01.thumb.jpg.198b5ed7dff9e7befee5d43bb51e1c6f.jpgIMG_20230528_142107__01.thumb.jpg.0ed45dd4f1522cf2090b0398307741f7.jpg

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Check with your surgeon first.

• Like 1

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

That’s right, some hair dye contains ammonia and peroxide which are very harsh on the scalp and the hair shafts…and it’s always a good idea to read the label to see all of the ingredients.

Gillenator