Hair transplant missing spot

Hello guys 3 months ago I had a hair transplant. I know it’s still very early on but a week after into the transplant i noticed a space missing in my hairline. It’s been 3 months later the space seems to still be there. I understand there can still be 9 more months of growth i havent underwent yet- but it’s interesting to see hair grow around the area and not there. What do you guys think?

B92F46C8-C925-4D98-AD7C-9CBBAF4A66D3.png

C064BF08-9056-4AAF-936C-34A3A29D87F0.jpeg

9174FD1A-18AE-484A-BDE2-05F06D62D6C4.png

It's common to have such interstices around the transplanted regions; such was one of my postop concerns. They typically won't be 100% up to parity density-wise with the native hairs, which is why they might look gappy here and there.

Most of the better surgeons will stint how many follicles they implant in any given area because it helps maximize the graft-survival rate. The more grafts that are transplanted in one area, the more they'll compete the blood supply; and the more they exhaust the local blood vessels, the likelier the graft failures.

The hope is that once all the transplanted hairs grow in, those gaps won't be noticeable. Worst-case scenario, you might want another FUE for a dense-packing touch-up, but you should obviously wait at least a few more month for your results to unfold before even you even start to contemplate it.

For the here and now, I'd just expect and accept some of these missing spots. More often than not, your hair will look naturally full when it's all said and done, especially depending on how you style it.

Edited by Trichotrophy
  • Thanks 1

Hi, yes premature for an opinion. Secondly the purpose of hair transplant is to cover / camouflage the area. Humans can not give the same density or coverage Nature gifted you. You can see / observe when fully grown as shafts length will also take a curve so hopefully the gap will not be noticeable. Secondly, too many close follicles may also reduce blood supply and poor results would be the outcome. Although opinion is divided dense pack Vs less density.   

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan 

21 hours ago, dark knight man said:

Thank you for the reply, so i can only wait and see basically! Very informative though- will watch the area over the months. Did your transplant come out to your expectation?

Yes, it did; see my signature if you want pictures. My hairline still looks a bit comparatively gappy here and there, but only when scrutinized and harshly lit; under moderate lighting, you can hardly tell it apart from my native hair. Realistically speaking, I'd expect a similar outcome for that area of your hairline, but only time will tell.