Need some insight here

Hi everyone, I’m new to this site but would like some insight. I’m 24 years old, I’ve been on oral finasteride since 21. I’ve never had thinning, but hopped on finasteride to prevent any further recesssion. Most people on tressless (reddit) including my hair surgeon doc tell me I don’t need a transplant. However, I would like to get one. And I’m sure there’s other doctors out there that would okay a transplant as I’ve seen 22 year olds get them not saying that’s recommended but lol. My hair is very dense all over including the hairline, I just hate my hairline. How many grafts do you guys think I’d need sense everyone seems to dismiss this? And also what Norwood level would you say I’m at? I feel like I’m about a 2-2.5. Thanks!

E1761E8C-EF3B-4401-94B2-F680914AF50D.png

4EBAC2A3-7D0D-4659-B010-7EC7D2233F03.png

Edited by Sickog

Norwood 1

Some people have hairlines like that naturally, not everyone has completely straight.

1000 grafts will give great density but even less than that should suffice. Anything more will just make it look even nicer. 

• Thanks 1

Can you take more pictures, and also pictures that are normal profile photos? Headshot, right side, left side, and back? The positioning in your current pics is kind of awkward. Also don't have your hair wet.

With the information and pics you have provided, you barely have any MPB, and a hair transplant at this stage would do more harm than good. 

Its like if a 50 yr old had the very very slightest of hip pain, and opted to get a full blown hip transplant, even if it wasnt necessary for another 20 years or so. 

If I were you I would try to relax and enjoy my youth. Come back to this world if you have more hairloss. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Can you take more pictures, and also pictures that are normal profile photos? Headshot, right side, left side, and back? The positioning in your current pics is kind of awkward. Also don't have your hair wet.

With the information and pics you have provided, you barely have any MPB, and a hair transplant at this stage would do more harm than good. 

Its like if a 50 yr old had the very very slightest of hip pain, and opted to get a full blown hip transplant, even if it wasnt necessary for another 20 years or so. 

If I were you I would try to relax and enjoy my youth. Come back to this world if you have more hairloss. 

Yes I can, any reason as to not have wet hair? That’s the best way I can expose my whole hairline with my cowlicks lol

9 minutes ago, Turkhair said:

Norwood 1

Some people have hairlines like that naturally, not everyone has completely straight.

1000 grafts will give great density but even less than that should suffice. Anything more will just make it look even nicer. 

You’re probably right, I have never had a straight hairline as long as I can remember. It would just be nice for once to have one haha. 

6 minutes ago, Sickog said:

You’re probably right, I have never had a straight hairline as long as I can remember. It would just be nice for once to have one haha. 

there is no guarantee that you will look best in straight hairline. Sometimes it just doesnt go well with face cut. 

If you do HT and result is bad then you will be more worried than now. You have a good hairline and you might ruin it. So i also dont recommend HT to you. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Here are more pics. Front, side, crown and top

0DE99371-526E-428D-85E2-2BF09B97F389.png

4A1A21E1-798E-4389-BB38-F930583AD951.png

B73E32C4-B8F2-4870-9123-153768E2A892.png

4B140F07-6C63-4480-AD39-13B17B97B3C8.png

39 minutes ago, Sickog said:

Here are more pics. Front, side, crown and top

im honestly not seeing any signs of MPB. 

The reason you shouldn't wet your hair for photos is because it weighs down your hair and can make it appear thinner than it actually is. Also its just not the default/natural state of your hair. The same reason you wouldn't want to show pics with a bunch of gel in your hair, etc. 

• Thanks 1